Bank of America

Options
samson
samson
Community Member
edited March 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

When I try to sign into Bank of America website at https://www.bankofamerica.com/, the autofill gets rejected. I have to copy and paste it in order for it to work. Does this happen for anyone else?

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.10.0 (81000055)
Extension Version: 2.7.0
OS Version: 13.0.1 (22A400)
Browser:_ Google Chrome 110.0.5481.177 (Official Build) (arm64)

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @samson, that's strange. When I autofill my login info on Bank of America's website, I can sign in without issue. If you open the extension, locate the login, and view your credentials, do they appear to be correct? Does the username contain any asterisk characters at all?

Additionally, if you copy/paste the credentials from the extension popup or app to the Bank of America website, are you able to sign in? If so, there may be an issue with how lengthy your username or password may be. I can explain more once you let us know how things go.

Hope to hear from you again soon!

• samson
    samson
    Community Member
    Options

Oh gosh it's just me? This is so weird.

Yeah I'm sure it's correct in 1password because that's where i'm copy/pasting from!
    If I click on the password field and then the 1 password icon and it fill's it out, the site think's it's the wrong password. If I go to 1password and copy my password and then paste it in, then it works.

My username is 9 characters, my password is 24 characters and it has an equals sign but no other symbols

• Hi @samson,

Can you try manually creating a new Login item to store your Bank of America details and see if you still encounter the same behaviour? Here's how to do that:

1. Go to the Bank of America login page.
    2. Type in your email and password manually - don't click login.
    3. Right-click the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar.
    4. Select "Save Login" and save it as a New Item.
    5. Refresh the webpage.
    6. Click on the Email field and select the new Login item you just created that's suggested.

If you are able to autofill successfully, you can go ahead and delete the old Login item in 1Password.

Let us know how things come along!

• samson
    samson
    Community Member
    Options

Ah ha! So it turns out my password was 24 characters long, and the way 1password auto-fills out the password overrides the client side javascript and enters in the 24 character long password, which passes 24 characters to the server-side password checker, which then fails, likely simply due to the password being too long. If I paste in the password, the client side javascript ignores the extra characters and so the server only sees the first 20 characters of my password.

After logging in, I went into my account and changed my password to something 20 characters long, logged out, and then used the autofill. Which works!

Thanks for helping, totally clued me into the problem!

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@samson glad to hear that things are working! Let us know if you need help with anything else.

This discussion has been closed.