Apps that don't work with Autofill

Options
2»

Comments

• rahC
    rahC
    Community Member
    Options

Having the same issue when using the Discord app.

The app even has a little prompt underneath the login form for "Using a password manager" that reads:
    "If you use a password manager, you'll need to allow it in Accessibility Settings -> Downloaded Services. Don't worry, we can take you there"

The issue is that 1P8 doesn't appear in my downloaded services, just my Microsoft Authenticator.

I've noticed 1P8 also not autofilling some other apps (can't remember the names, new phone, did a lot of setups today). Have got auto-fill set in the settings to use this app too.

• Hi @rahC, thanks for writing in.

1Password 8 for Android uses Autofill based filling not Accessibility based filling so it would be expected not to appear there. I did some testing with Discord and I was able to fill an item there. I'd like to ask you to update to our beta or set filling prompts below fields then check if the behavior improves.

To set prompts below fields:
    1. Open and unlock 1Password for Android.
    2. Tap the account or collection icon.
    3. Tap Settings > Autofill.
    4. Tap Display Autofill prompts > Below the fields they relate to.

• lesster
    lesster
    Community Member
    Options

FYI using the beta and prompts below fields also got autofill working in the BoA app, so yay!

• Thanks for the update, @lesster!

• rzzz
    rzzz
    Community Member
    Options

1Password has never worked in "Android Settings > Accounts and backup > Manage Accounts> Add Account". "Below the fields" option didn't help. TBH, it also never helped with the filling issues I have with other apps. I always had to switch to another password manager to fill in the login that I wanted. Is there a plan to fix this? Is there a plan to support Accessibility based filling in the future?

• Hey @rzzz, thanks for joining this thread!

1Password has never worked in "Android Settings > Accounts and backup > Manage Accounts> Add Account".

Could you elaborate on this? Are you trying to add a 1Password account to your 1Password app?

I always had to switch to another password manager to fill in the login that I wanted. Is there a plan to fix this?

Major apologies that Autofill is not working on your device, and this is definitely not expected behaviour. Is this occurring in apps, sites, or both? Would you be able to list some examples so we can test them on our end?

Is there a plan to support Accessibility based filling in the future?

1Password 8 for Android is supported on devices running Android 9 or later. The Autofill features available on these versions of Android are capable of delivering the same or better features than Accessibility-based filling with less impact on performance and battery life. Because of this, there currently is not a plan to bring Accessibility-based filling into the mix.

This discussion has been closed.