Share item doesnt work

(Category Selection still miss "general")
Sharing an item via link success ratio is about 10%.
How the heck should I share an item?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:share

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @axm1875, that's odd. Just to check, were you able to reach out to the sender to see if there was anything wrong with the item that was shared? Do you run into the same issue when you share the item with someone else?

• axm1875
    axm1875
    Community Member

I shared an item from my wault to my wife. I myself tried to accept it in her Android device and on my own devices as well. Got the same error. I've sent the data in plain text instead.
    Earlier experienced this several times as well, but I did can share successfully as well. Sometime it required a second try. This time I tried 2 or 3 times but no success.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@axm1875 thanks for those details. Does the issue consistently happen with that one item or does it happen with other items? If you create a new item to replace that one (and include all the same details), can that new item be shared?

• axm1875
    axm1875
    Community Member

I gave up for that item (as I wrote). I experienced this with other items as well. But after 2 or 3 attempts of sharing eventually those succeeded. (Last time I set only 1 hour of availability, but tried to accept in minutes after sharing. Earlier I gave 7 hours.)

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @axm1875, I'm so sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Are you still running into this behavior? If so, I'd like for you to reach out to us via email at support@1Password.com.

Sending us an email about this will help the issue be addressed in a timely manner, and it will ensure that the issue is reviewed by a team that specializes in this space.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.