Window Size resets after reboot on Windows 11

Options
sascha382
sascha382
Community Member
edited March 2023 in Windows

Hi all,

I experience the same issue as described in this post: https://1password.community/discussion/126870/window-size-resets-after-reboot

Every time I restart the PC, the window size is resetted to the default. This is really annoying, as I am kind of a power user who lives half the time in 1Password.

This is not a new issue. I experience it at least since 6 months.

Any help is appreciated. :)

1Password Version: 8.10.3 (81003012)
Extension Version: 2.8.1
OS Version: Windows 11 Education 22H2 (22621.1413)
Browser: Google Chrome 111.0.5563.65 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Comments

• sascha382
    sascha382
    Community Member
    Options

Edit: It might be, that the reset only happens after an update of 1Password... I will observe that.

• Hi @sascha382,

Thanks for your message. I'm sorry to hear of the troubles you've experienced with the 1Password 8 for Windows resizing.

I'd like to ask you to try the following:
    1. Copy and paste the following in your Windows search bar: %APPDATA%\1Password\
    2. Look for a file titled: primaryWindowState
    3. Right click 1Password from your Windows taskbar and select Exit.
    4. Move the primaryWindowState file to your Desktop.
    5. Open & unlock 1Password and try resizing the window to something different than the default or your normal setup. Then close the window and see if the file re-appears.

You can test by restarting 1Password or rebooting your device. Does that help to resolve the issue?

• sascha382
    sascha382
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_mike_d. It seems to work now :). If it re-appears, I will post a comment. Thanks!

• Hello @sascha382,

That's great news! Thanks for letting me know.

Do keep an eye for new updates to 1Password 8 for Windows and let us know if you run into troubles again in the future.

If you have any other concerns, we'll be here to help. 😊

This discussion has been closed.