Standard rights allocation when creating new vaults

abuechel
abuechel
Community Member

In our company, employees independently create vaults for customerdata. Now the problem is that these vaults are by default only visible to the owner, administrators and the creator. Can this standard allocation of rights be adapted?

The goal would be for the administrator to be able to determine which groups a newly created safe is automatically assigned to.

In addition, it would be great if, when creating the safe, all users could select which groups it is assigned to. In the best case, the "default" groups can't be unselectet.

1Password Version: 1Password for Windows 8.10.3 (81003012)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @abuechel,

Right now, it is not possible to create a vault and determine which users or groups are assigned to it at the time of creation.

1Password Business does, however, support the ability to control the default permissions for sharing a vault with a group or user as a team member policy. I can see the benefit of possibly expanding this to also include the option of determining which default groups are assigned when creating new vaults. I'll go ahead and pass on your feedback to the relevant team for consideration.

In addition, it would be great if, when creating the safe, all users could select which groups it is assigned to. In the best case, the "default" groups can't be unselectet.

This has been requested before as well and I'll be happy to share your comments internally.

This discussion has been closed.