Safari Extension Shows "Open 1Password" But Button Does Not Work

Options

Recently, clicking the button in Safari shows me the popover and the button to 'Open 1Password' (the 1PW app is open and unlocked, BTW) but clicking it shows a very brief spinner and then the button again. So the browser extension doesn't work.

Any tips? Having to uninstall and reinstall the extension every day is a supreme bummer.

1Password Version: 8.10.4
Extension Version: 2.8.1
OS Version: macOS 13.3RC
Browser:_ Safari 16.4

Comments

• @HunterHillegas

Can you see if the following provides any relief.

1Password 8 app:
    1. Turn off - 1Password > Preferences (Settings) > Browser: Connect with 1Password in the browser

1Password for Safari or other browser:
    2. Right-click on the browser toolbar icon, selecting Settings (General Tab) and then disable Integrate with 1Password app.
    2 a. Sign out of any accounts you are signed into in the Safari browser. It will be at the bottom of the settings page mentioned in step 2.
    3. Quit the browser completely! A full quit, not a close or minimize to the dock.

1Password 8 app:
    4. Quit 1Password. Look in the menu bar and locate our helper right-click on it and select Quit.
    5. Wait a few seconds and then open 1Password from the Dock or the Applications folder and unlock.
    6. Turn On - 1Password > Preferences (Settings) > Browser: Connect with 1Password in the browser
    7. Open your browser.

1Password for Safari or other browser:
    8. Right-click on the browser toolbar icon, selecting Settings (General Tab) and then enable Integrate with 1Password app.
    9 . There should be no need to sign into any accounts within the browser. The interconnection between 1Password and 1Password in the browser should be all that is needed.

• HunterHillegas
    HunterHillegas
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, I will try.

• hmijail
    hmijail
    Community Member
    Options

For the last couple of days I was having very similar trouble, only in Firefox, and with the spinner showing forever. I followed the (annoying) instructions and now it works again.

• I am happy to hear things are looking up. @hmijail

This discussion has been closed.