1Password Quick Acess does not work on Microsoft Remote Desktop for macOS

kirsch
kirsch
Community Member

There are two issues here:

When I connect to a Windows machine using Remote Desktop Version 10.8.1 (2048) I am presented with a native-looking login window "Enter your user account". Autofill does not work here. I swear it used to in the past. I don't know what changed (1Password or Remote Desktop or macOS version) that broke it.

login

I am connecting to remote Windows machines that autolock after 15 minutes because of some group policy. Autofill doesn't work here (no surprise since this is essentially a photo of a login screen with no actual native GUI elements) but also when I copy from the Quick Access window, the clipboard on the remote side doesn't reflect the change. I am not sure what you can do anything about any of this in #2 or even if there's something you could do, but it sure would be very nice. At least fix the clipboard issue :(

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.10.3 (81003012)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS Ventura 13.2.1
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:remote desktop

Comments

• Hello @kirsch! 👋

Thank you for reporting both issues and I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Our developers are aware that Universal Autofill isn't working with Microsoft Remote Desktop and we have an internal work item open to investigate further. I've added your comments there as well.

For the second issue, is this something that only affects things that you copy from 1Password? Or does it also happen when you copy text from another app like Apple Notes?

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#19930

• kirsch
    kirsch
    Community Member

It only affects things copied from 1Password and I think only things copied from the Quick Access. I can copy from other apps just fine.

• Thanks for following up @kirsch

I've made note of your observation.

• kirsch
    kirsch
    Community Member
    edited April 2023

Copy and paste from the Quick Access to a remote machine appears to be working now.
    No change to Autofill not working on the login window when first remoting to a system.

I don't know what changed.

• Thanks for the update Kirsch

This discussion has been closed.