pasting icon into entry

Options
snowy
snowy
Community Member
edited December 2022 in Mac

what happen to pasting into the icon field? Can this feature be re-added please in 1Password 8. 1password 7 you can select the icon and just paste a picture to use for an entry. 1Password you have to use a saved picture.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @snowy,

While this isn't currently possible in 1Password 8, we are actively tracking user feedback on the topic so I appreciate you letting us know it's something you'd like to see. If you're open to sharing more about your use case, additionals details gives us the best opportunity to advocate on your behalf, but either way I've recorded your feedback.

Let me know if you have any questions and thanks again. 🙂

ref: IDEA-I-891

• snowy
    snowy
    Community Member
    Options

So basically if there is an image I want to use for an entry. I use macOS native shortcut control+Option+shift+4 to select an area I want to copy to the clipboard. Select the icon inside edit mode of an entry in 1Password and paste. This is often when I want a custom icons to represent something. And I don’t want to go download a picture and is the correct size/area of the image and format, go back to 1Password navigate to the folder where the image is etc… the method of above I have done in 1Password 7 as part of my regular workflow for building entries and it’s just super simple.

• Hi @snowy,

Thanks so much for these details and your workflow. I'll share your feedback with the rest of the team and while I can't make any promises, the best place to look out for future changes would be the 1Password for Mac Beta Release Notes.

• snowy
    snowy
    Community Member
    Options

No worries, understood. I figure other people might want the same options. Thanks for the consideration. 👍

• andrew.l_1P
    edited December 2022
    Options

Happy to help! 😊

• ctry
    ctry
    Community Member
    Options

+1, copy/pasting an icon from the site rather than having to download it first would be much more efficient and make me use custom icons far more often

• @ctry

Thank you for the feedback! 🙂

-Dave

• buckZor
    buckZor
    Community Member
    Options

+1 I am desperately missing this feature from v7, why do we take steps backwards with v8?? Furthermore, I have icon differentiation now and I can't fix it.. is there anyway to get an icon from an existing entry to use in another entry? Example:
    I have several entries using this icon, from v7

Now with v8, this is as close as I can get:

This is making me crazy!

• Hi @buckZor,

Thanks for your feedback here, I'm happy to pass it on to our Product team. In the meantime, duplicating an item will create another copy with the same icon, though you'd need to edit all the details contained in that duplicated copy.

Let me know if you give that a try or have any questions. 🙂

ref: PB-31898300

This discussion has been closed.