Two-Factor Authenticator code not permitting me into Business account

brihi51
brihi51
Community Member

Hi,

I cannot sign in even though I have the correct profile login information.

The system does not accept the Authenticator code when asked in the** Two-Factor Authentication - Enter the 6-digit code from your authenticator app**. It returns error message '..Incorrect authentication code..." when I enter the one given by Google Authenticator.

How can I troubleshoot this as I have the profile information (email, secret key and password), but the Authenticator app is not giving the proper code for the Two-Factor Authentication to allow me into my 1Password account.

Best,
-BrianP

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• brihi51
    brihi51
    Community Member

I discovered that I could enter through the URL given upon registering, " xxxxxx.1password.com" but not through the sign in https://1password.com/

• Hello @brihi51

Thanks for contacting us about this. I've just tested signing into 1Password in a web browser and didn't find that the web address impacted the acceptance of my authentication code. While it's typically best to use the sign-in address for your team, my.1password.com and start.1password.com should both work the same. (For anyone on our 1Password.ca or 1Password.eu servers, change the .com to .ca or .eu and the same web addresses should work on those servers as well. Just be sure you are connecting with the right server, or contact support@1password.com for clarification.)

The most common cause of issues with one-time password codes not being accepted comes down to the date, time or timezone settings on the device that is being used as an authenticator. Due to the way it works, one-time password codes are very sensitive to timing issues; if the time on your device is off by even by a few seconds relative to the server of the site you're trying to sign into, the codes generated won't match the codes the server is expecting.

You'll need to ensure that the date, time and timezone on that device are all accurate for where you are in the world right now. The exact instructions for checking and correcting the date, time and timezone vary considerably from device to device depending on their type, but the options can usually be found inside the system settings on the device. Check to make sure that all three settings are accurate; if not, or if the device does not show you the current setting and only indicates that the settings are being managed automatically, you can try turning off any automatic date/time/timezone configuration to set all three manually.

You can use a reference time service to help you troubleshoot time-related issues with your devices. Here's one that I'd recommend: https://time.is -- Let me know what you find about the time on your device, @brihi51 and we can continue to troubleshoot if that isn't the issue here.

Thank you,

• brihi51
    brihi51
    Community Member

Thank you very much!

• Hello @brihi51,

It's my pleasure to help. Is it safe for me to assume you were able to resolve an issue with the time on your device, generate the correct code, and get signed in?

If you'r still having any trouble, please send an email to support@1password.com so we can review any accounts you may have and help determine next steps. Include a link to this forum post in that email, then reply here and share the ticket number you get from us so I can expedite your case.

Thank you,

• brihi51
    brihi51
    Community Member

Actually, I was able to get in through xxx.1password.com and not sign in so I can bypass the authenticator.

I tried to log in to 1Password on my iPhone with the Authenticator, and I still go the error message.
    I would think the same time and date are being used on the iPhone so I am not sure I know how to trouble shoot this so i figured I will login with the xxx.1password.com link

Gratefully,
    -BrianP

• I'm glad to hear you were able to get in online, @brihi51. Please don't hesitate to let us know if you need any further assistance. You can always post here, or send an email to support@1password.com.

Have a great weekend.

This discussion has been closed.