Touch ID for Mac - Opening 1PW after Launching or Locking?

jmb679
jmb679
Community Member
edited March 2023 in Mac

Today I enabled Touch ID for 1PW on our MacBook Air. Two questions: Should 1PW always, without exception, present the "Touch ID or enter your password to allow this" option after Launching 1PW? Same question following Locking 1PW? I ask because I am seeing the 2nd screenshot (blue fingerprint), especially after a Lock (Shift-Command-L). The blue fingerprint screen does not recognize my fingerprint and I have to enter my password. I think I also saw the blue fingerprint screen following a Quit followed by a Launch shortly thereafter.

I requested support an hour or so ago because I could not get Touch ID for Mac working at all. I was able to enable Touch ID but noticed the behavior described above. Please ignore my support request.

1Password Version: 8.10.3 (81003012)
Extension Version: 1PW for Safari 2.8.1
OS Version: 13.2.1
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:Touch ID for Mac - Opening 1PW after Locking versus after Quitting 1PW

Comments

• jmb679
    jmb679
    Community Member

Regarding "I think I also saw the blue fingerprint screen following a Quit followed by a Launch shortly thereafter." ... this sometimes happens after a Lock, following by a Quit, followed by a Launch in rapid succession.

• jmb679
    jmb679
    Community Member
    edited March 2023

Correction to "Regarding I think I also saw the blue fingerprint screen following a Quit followed by a Launch shortly thereafter." I mistakenly thought that I had to enter my password because I saw the gray fingerprint, not the red fingerprint. All I had to do was to click anywhere on the screen, except for the Cancel and Use Account Password buttons. By doing so, the user sees the red fingerprint.

• jmb679
    jmb679
    Community Member

Ok, yet another update / correction. I discovered that, when I see the blue fingerprint, I can get to the red fingerprint by clicking on the blue fingerprint. So, all seems to be working. Sorry for the confusion.

• Hi @jmb679 👋

Thanks for the updates, I'm glad to hear TouchID is working as expected now! To clarify, when you first launch the app you should see the TouchID prompt (the red fingerprint) but when the app is locked after it was already opened you'll need to click to invoke that same TouchID prompt. Let me know if you're seeing anything unexpected or have any questions!

• jmb679
    jmb679
    Community Member

We have two macOS accounts on our MacBook Air. My Admin account now works fine with 1PW and Touch ID. However, I can’t get the other (Standard) account to work. The Touch ID check box on 1PW settings is grayed out.

I am also in contact with Tim G about this.

• @jmb679

Please continue your existing conversation with my colleague (Tim) via email. To prevent duplication of efforts I am going to close this discussion.

ref: CTI-24492-413

This discussion has been closed.