1Password for Mac 8.10.0 (81000055); UX elements and pop-up-window behavior not aligned with macOS

Options
Terylon
Terylon
Community Member

Dear 1P-Team, please be so kind as to align the app elements (windows, UX elements, etc.) with the other apps from Apple, considering the Apple guidelines. As others reported, the electron app feels like a ugly element on the Mac. Please take a look to the app "Books" or "Music" to see what I am talking of. Thank you in advance for considering wishes from loyal customers. Kind regards, Dirk

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.10.0 (81000055)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS Ventura
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• viswiz
    viswiz
    Community Member
    Options

Additionally please fix your modal dialogs. macOS modals don't have a closing button at all... neither on the totally wrong right side nor on the left side. The dialogs are just closed with ordinary yes/no/close/cancel buttons.
    Just like in this example from Wifi preferences...

• Hello! πŸ‘‹

Thank you for the feedback! I took a quick look just now and I see that Apple's use of the X button in modals on macOS varies. While in some places the X button is indeed on the left in other places it's on the right. For example, here's an X button on the right side of a modal in Apple Music:

And in Apple News:

That being said, I've passed along your feedback to our design and product teams. πŸ™‚

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#9843
    ref: PB-31942293

• viswiz
    viswiz
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P the apps you've found are catalyst apps, i. e. iOS apps ported with the help of Apple's catalyst framework. These apps are strange hybrids with all kinds of strange usability issues. Native macOS applications don't have such a closing button on modals. Please see the three "Related" links under https://developer.apple.com/design/human-interface-guidelines/patterns/modality

• @viswiz

Thank you for the feedback and link, I've passed them along to the team. πŸ™‚

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.