Search all entries without having to press "Ctrl+Enter"

Options
xantari
xantari
Community Member
edited March 2023 in Windows

I don't recall having to do this on 1Password7, but now when I put in search criteria I have to hit "Ctrl+Enter" to see all search results. 99% of the time if I forget to do this it selects the wrong entry. I have over 800 entries and this extra key press I now have to do is really annoying. Looked in the settings page to figure out how to turn this "feature" off but couldn't find anything.

1Password Version: 8.9.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• platypusman
    platypusman
    Community Member
    Options

Just want to add a +1 for this.

It makes no sense to me how this works or why this was changed. But pressing return/enter key should bring back the search results, the way it used to work (and the way it works on every other search form I've ever encountered).

Please fix.

thanks

• Hello folks,

Sorry for the late reply here. We appreciate the feedback here about your expectation that the search functionality defaults to "Show all matching items" (Ctrl + Enter). I've passed this feedback along to the product team on your behalf.

If you have any other feedback to share, please let us know!

ref: 31871638
    ref: 31871678

• seren
    seren
    Community Member
    Options

This is a frustrating issue for me too. Hopefully the product team will relent and give us back normal search results.

• viswiz
    viswiz
    Community Member
    Options

This is the main reason I've returned to 1PW7. Even one of developers who was involved in usability tests that lead to this change already questioned if this behavior should be reverted or at least be configurable.

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @seren and @viswiz, thanks for weighing in on this! I've passed your feedback along to our Product team as well 😄

ref: 31929825
    ref: 31930550

This discussion has been closed.