I want to share a vault with a family member, but I never want it suggested in search results

Options
poswald
poswald
Community Member

I want to share a vault with a family member, but generally the purpose is to make sure I can help them if they have issues logging in. I can also check the haveIbeenpwned database for them and generally help them do the right thing... I created a shared vault and made that the default save location on their machine.

The issue is that this totally pollutes my own usage of 1password. For every site we have in common I now get suggestions for their credentials when I search. I want access to the vault for emergencies and maintenance but not daily usage.

How can this be done?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:shared vault search

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@poswald

In the deskop app, you can create Collections.

In the browser extensions, you can go to their Settings to select the Accounts & Vaults that should be used.

• Hi @poswald

As mentioned, you can use collections to create custom groups of vaults - this will allow you to create a collection of the vaults that you use and when you switch to a collection in the app or Quick Access, you’ll only see items from vaults in the collection.

In regard to 1Password in your browser, as mentioned, once you've navigated to settings, you can scroll down to the "Accounts & Vaults" section and this will allow you to choose which accounts and vaults are presented within when searching.

This discussion has been closed.