LineageOS (Android 11) App Support

Options
trogdor32
trogdor32
Community Member

My main phone died, so I'm trying to setup 1Password 8 on an older device until my phone can be repaired. It's a Nexus 6, which is quite old; only able to run Android 7 on stock firmware. So I unlocked the bootloader and installed LineageOS 18.1 (Android 11) plus the Google Apps package for the Play Store.

I can't login to the 1Password app. It complains:

We weren't able to sign in to your account.
Maybe there's a typo? Check your sign-in details and try again.

But I can use the same credentials to login on the web app. So it's not a typo.

LineageOS is pretty bare-bones, for example, I found I needed to install the Android System WebView app to be able to sign into the Tesla app. Perhaps is there a common system package that 1Password depends on that I need to install?

Is there any way to get more detailed logs or error messages?

When researching this issue, I found several Reddit posts with users reporting that they were able to use LineageOS with 1Password without issue, so I expect there is something I can change to get it working.

1Password Version: 8.10.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: lineage_shamu-userdebug 11 RQ3A.211001.001 8c590a1
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @trogdor32, welcome to the Forum! I'm sorry that you're having trouble signing in to the 1Password 8 for Android.

Could you answer a few questions to narrow down the issue:
    1. Are you manually entering your credentials or using the Setup Code and only entering your account password manually?
    2. If you try to use data to sign in instead of Wi-Fi, does that change anything?
    3. Does your account password contain any special characters?
    4. Do you have any VPNs or antivirus software installed on your Android device?
    5. Do you have any firewalls on your Android device or router?

• trogdor32
    trogdor32
    Community Member
    Options

I use the setup QR code where possible, but I needed to enter it manually to sign in through the phone's web browser (which works). After scanning, I've manually verified that it scanned correctly, too.

There was no change with mobile data.

No UTF-8 characters in the password. I was able to successfully enter the password in the mobile browser, and sign in. I even tried using the web app's copy function instead of typing, too.

No firewall or VPN on device. It's a pretty minimal LineeageOS install. 1Password was among the first apps I tried to setup.

Other Android devices and desktop computers are able to login on the same network via the native apps.

• Hi @trogdor32, thanks for confirming those details.

We've seen a (small) handful of cases with similar sign in issues where a device that isn't supported (Android 8 or older) is updated to a supported Android equivalent with a ROM. The problem may stem from underlying device limitations or there may be something unrelated with the installation of Lineage on your device causing an issue. We are investigating but are limited in the support we can provide with ROMs.

While we strongly recommend upgrading to 1Password 8 on supported devices, if you have previously installed 1Password 7 for Android another option to explore would be temporarily using that app until your main phone is repaired. If you have previously installed 1Password 7 for Android, the app should still be available in your app history. You can try opening this link on your Nexus: 1Password 7 - Google Play Store.

If it's not available or you have not previously installed 1Password 7, accessing your items on 1Password.com until your main phone is repaired may be the best option.

This discussion has been closed.