Is Drag and Drop from vault to vault available?

Options
Dougieboy99
Dougieboy99
Community Member

how do I copy sites i've set up in 1password "family plan" into a new vault for my wife. we both have ipads and iphones and a desktop. I have the Private Vault set up with all of our contact website details , I'm hoping there is an easy way to drop or drag from vault to vault. thanks much

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:how do I copy sites i've set up in 1password "family plan" into a new vault for my wife. we both have ipads and iphones and a desktop. I have the Private Vault set up with all of our contact website details , I'm hoping there is an easy way to drop or drag from vault to vault. thanks much

Comments

• Hello @Dougieboy99,

Thanks for your message. It sounds like you are referring websites that you both use and share credentials for, is that correct? If that's the case you can make use of the shared vault included with the 1Password family account.

You can move or drag and drop items into the shared vault and any invited members of the family account will see the items in this vault on there devices. I'll include a few guides below to help:

Share passwords with your family

Create and share vaults

If you have any other questions or need further help, just let us know!

• Dougieboy99
    Dougieboy99
    Community Member
    Options

You are correct, I've set up all of our websites that are used by both of us in a private Vault. I've invited my wife and set up a Vault for her, But it sounds like I need to open a "shared" vault for her, which will hold her websites. I'm thinking because we jointly have so many websites that I've set up, it would be a pain for her to sift through every website to find what she is after (although she could use the search), it may be easier if I can make a copy of websites she frequents and drop them in the shared Vault.

Thank you for the Links and your information.

• @Dougieboy99

We recommend moving the entry to the shared vault. This will prevent her from having duplicates in both the private and the shared which might pose trouble when updating passwords. In general the recommend is to only have the data live in one location (vault).

• Dougieboy99
    Dougieboy99
    Community Member
    Options

Makes sense, thanks much guys!

• You're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.