QR Code Detection failed

Options
oglop
oglop
Community Member

Hi, we've just purchased 1password for our company and I wanted to add 2fa for our services.

I downloaded the latest app 1Password for Mac 8.10.3 (81003012) and all I got is the error message QR Code Detection failed.
Then I tried to get the 1password 7 app from the apple store and to my surprise it worked flawlessly.

Working version7
Working version7

broken version 8
broken version 8

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.10.3 (81003012)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• @oglop

Does increasing the size of the QR code? Command + plus or minus will help. You might also try turning up the screen brightness. Are you using an external monitor? If so try scanning from the MacBook monitor if you are using a MacBook.

• oglop
    oglop
    Community Member
    edited March 2023
    Options

I do not understand what screen brightness has to do anything with the QR code being in the browser? There are no external devices it is just 1password app on the same computer as the QR code.

Simply the button in the new version of app doesn't do anything compared the version 7.

EDIT: Oh wait a minute it somehow magically detects the QR code? This is not really intuitive compared to version 7 of the app.

We can mark this as resolved then.

• ag_tommy
    edited March 2023
    Options

You'll notice that a lot of iOS app bring up the screen brightness prior to scanning a code. This happens from my AA app to countless others. Brightness can make the code more distinguishable. For what it's worth, you might find you need to do this where codes are rendered on a grey back ground.

I'm glad to hear things are looking up. If you have a problematic site you can also scan from within 1Password in the browser by clicking the toolbar icon and then the three vertical dots (top right-hand side) and then scan code.

This discussion has been closed.