1Password extension is not working on recent Chrome browser

Today I received the following error from 1Password extension for Chrome browser on the latest macOS.
I'm using 1Password 8 app.

------------------start
! Something went wrong
An unknown database error occurred. You can try:

• Within the settings of your browser, clear the cache
  • Reinstall a fresh copy of 1Password to your browser

Need more help?
[Contact 1Password Support]
-------------------end

Inspecting DevTools, I found the following errors from the console:

-------------------start
[BackgroundStorage] Using browser.storage.persistent
background.js:2 [BackgroundStorage] Using browser.storage.session
background.js:2 Uncaught (in promise) Error: PersistentStorage not yet initialized. Try awaiting for this.init() to resolve before calling.
at eue._initError (background.js:2:2207589)
at eue.getItem (background.js:2:2208195)
at Object.getItem (background.js:2:2211039)
at efe (background.js:2:2290223)
at yme (background.js:2:2358588)
at Hye (background.js:2:2386684)
at background.js:2:2304028
background.js:2 👋 Initializing 1Password
background.js:2 channel: stable
version: 2.8.1
build: 20242 (111.0.0.0)
browser: Chrome (111.0.0.0)
background.js:2 WASM: Initializing. Log Level: Info
background.js:2 Uncaught (in promise) DOMException: Internal error opening backing store for indexedDB.open.
15Unchecked runtime.lastError: The message port closed before a response was received.
9Unchecked runtime.lastError: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist.
--------------------end

In addition, I found the following issue on the [issues] tab of the DevTools console:

------------------start

Audit usage of navigator.userAgent, navigator.appVersion, and navigator.platform
A page or script is accessing at least one of navigator.userAgent, navigator.appVersion, and navigator.platform. Starting in Chrome 101, the amount of information available in the User Agent string will be reduced.
To fix this issue, replace the usage of navigator.userAgent, navigator.appVersion, and navigator.platform with feature detection, progressive enhancement, or migrate to navigator.userAgentData.
Note that for performance reasons, only the first access to one of the properties is shown.
1 source
app.js:1
Learn more: User-Agent String Reduction
--------------------end

I hope that would help your inspections.

Thank you,

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 2.8.1
OS Version: macOS 13.2.1
Browser:_ Chrome 110
Referrer: forum-search:userAgentData

Comments

• @hachi8833

You indicated you were using 1Password 8 in your text and in the survey questions you mentioned 1Password 7. Can you clarify? It's probably just a typo, but better to double check. 🙂 Anyway moving on, did you manage get going again? Was this just more of a for your information post? Did you need the extensions teams support? Thanks for any additional information you can give.

• hachi8833
    hachi8833
    Community Member
    edited March 2023

It was a typo, sorry. I surely use 1Password 8.
    The symptom still persists and I need a help.

• ag_tommy
    edited March 2023

@hachi8833

Thanks for clearing that up. I'd start by making sure Chrome is up to date. I had an update yesterday morning. You might have one pending. The unknown database error could be related to a known issue. I'd like to ask you to reach out to the extension team directly so they can gather the needed logs to further assist you.

Please email us using support+forum@1password.com. Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question. I would recommend including a link to this topic, so hopefully you do not need to repeat a lot of what you've said.

https://1password.community/discussion/139026/1password-extension-is-not-working-on-recent-chrome-browser#latest

• hachi8833
    hachi8833
    Community Member

Thank you for the suggestion.
    Perhaps I found a workaround for the issue.

Actually, I use Coherence X https://www.bzgapps.com/coherence to build multiple Chrome instances.
    I noticed that the issue occurs if more than one Chrome instances activates 1Password extension, which implies the extension works exclusively.
    Disabling them except one resolve the issue for now.

This discussion has been closed.