Edge Browser Integration Not Working

Options
jpeek
jpeek
Community Member

I'm trying to get the 1Password app to work with Windows Hello to unlock the Edge browser extension and it does not work.

The 1Password app unlocks just fine with Windows Hello, as does the Firefox extension. Both the app and the Edge extension are configured to "integrate" but there is no option but the password to unlock the edge extension.

Should I send over some diagnostics? That seems to be what similar thread on here resolved to.

1Password Version: 8.9.14
Extension Version: 2.6.0
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser:_ Edge

Comments

• Hello @jpeek,

Thanks for your message. I'm sorry to hear you are having troubles with 1Password 8, Windows Hello and unlocking 1Password in Edge.

From what you’ve described, it seems like 1Password in your browser may have an issue communicating with the 1Password app. Before moving to a diagnostics report, could try the following steps:

1. Right-click the 1Password icon in the browser toolbar and click 'Settings'.
    2. Scroll down to "Integrate with 1Password app" at the end of General section and toggle it off.
    3. Scroll down to "Accounts & vaults".
    4. Sign out of your account and Sign in again.
    5. Fully close the web browser.
    6. Fully quit the 1Password app.

After that, please give your computer a restart to ensure no pending process prevents 1Password from connecting with the browser. Once your computer turns back on, continue with the following:

1. Open and sign into the 1Password app first.
    2. Left click the 3 vertical dots in the top left corner and select 'Settings'.
    3. Under the Browser tab, ensure 'Connect with 1Password in the browser' is checked.
    4. Then go ahead and re-open the web browser and turn on the "Integrate with 1Password app" option again.
    5. Test things out.

Looking forward to your reply!

• jpeek
    jpeek
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    I followed those steps but nothing changed. Integration with Firefox is fine, Edge doesn't seem to care at all.

• Hello @jpeek,

Thanks for trying these steps out. I'm sorry to hear they did not help with Edge.

I'd like to ask you to create some reports from your Windows PC:

Attach these reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks!

• jpeek
    jpeek
    Community Member
    Options

So sure enough, the day after I submitted the ticket and sent the details, things started working... honestly, I did follow all your suggestions, there had been several reboots involved, etc, and it never helped, but this morning, it's working fine...

• Hello @jpeek,

Sorry for the delay in response. I'm happy to hear things are working again with Edge.

We're currently on version 2.7.0 of 1Password in the browser. Should you run into any other troubles in the future, give our latest beta a try: Install a beta release of the 1Password extension.

Thanks and have a great weekend!

• bvillagran
    bvillagran
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_mike_d, I just wanted to share - I just recently upgraded to 1Password 8 for both my work and personal computer and have been loving it so far. But on my work computer I use Edge as my main browser and was having this issue too, but your fix worked for me on the first try, thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu - and have a good day!

• Hello @bvillagran - Thanks so much for getting back to me and letting us know how much you've been loving 1Password!

I'm happy to hear these steps helped on your work device with Edge on the first try.😀

We'll be here if you need any other help.

Stay safe and have a great day!

This discussion has been closed.