How to turn off start-up tutorial in Firefox browser v109.0.1.

Options
singski
singski
Community Member

I don't need it, but did go through all the steps in an attempt to get it to go away.

1Password Version: 8.9.14
Extension Version: 2.6.0
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser:_ Firefox
Referrer: forum-search:how to turn off tutorial in Firefox browser

Comments

• Hey @singski,

Are you referring to the "What's new" pop up when you click on the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar?

This shouldn't be appearing again after you have dismissed it. Can you let me know if you regularly clear your browsing history, cache, and cookies, or is your browser set to do so after closing? In addition, do you use any cleanup software, for example CCleaner?

• singski
    singski
    Community Member
    Options

I keep my browser cleared every time it is closed. What I'm referring to is displayed instead of my browser's "home page" - I'm attaching a screenshot. It just seems odd and annoying.

• Hi @singski,

Apologies for the delay, it sounds like you're clearing your browser's cache every time it's closed, is this correct? If so, could you try adjusting that setting within Firefox and let me know if you see better results?

Let me know what you find and we'll go from there. 🙂

• singski
    singski
    Community Member
    Options

I'm a web designer so I have my browser(s) set to clear everything including cache every time I close it. I have even uninstalled the browser extension, closed the browser, and then reinstalled it, but it keeps showing up.
    I believe it is trying to change my "home page" from the usual Firefox default. I'm attaching the URL that shows up in the address bar.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @singski, sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Are you still seeing this behavior with the 1Password tutorial in Firefox? If so, do you have any of the following options enabled in your Firefox settings:

• "Always use private browsing"
    • "Never remember history"
    • "Clear history when Firefox closes"

Lastly, does the URL from your previous message open to a blank page? If you can share a screenshot of the entire window, that would be really helpful.

• singski
    singski
    Community Member
    Options

@Joy_1P thank you for responding. I am still having this issue. I should have named it a "welcome screen" instead of a 'tutorial."
    I'm now running Firefox v110 and also the latest version of 1Password: 8.10.1.

It's odd when I tried using Firefox's "take a screenshot" tool (which I use frequently for other web pages) it said that it couldn't take a screenshot of it because it wasn't an actual web page. =]

To answer your questions in order: No(?), Yes, Yes.
    The url is not an actual page evidently, as mentioned above, however I can still use my 1PW extension to log on to sites and/or type into the address bar. However if I want my default Firefox home page back I have to click on the "Home" icon in the toolbar or open up a new tab. I am going to attach screenshots that include a full browser capture, and all of my Privacy settings in Firefox.

• singski
    singski
    Community Member
    edited March 2023
    Options

Sorry all those 5 screenshots of my FF settings didn't come through in the correct order. Here they are pasted into the correct order in a Word document. https://obhcorg-my.sharepoint.com/:w:/g/personal/dsingleterry_obhc_org/EYzbtYg1yUlEtby3VDAcix4BsQ6xkfYsnrWyp05lC__wEw?e=pqQMuf

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@singski Thanks for those screenshots. They were very helpful. I tried to set up my Firefox browser with the same settings as yours, but I was unable to reproduce the issue. At this time, could you fully quit Firefox (so that your history is cleared), re-open it (to trigger the 1Password tutorial), and then grab the following for us?

Attach the logs and diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com. With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks!

• singski
    singski
    Community Member
    Options

[#GMM-11348-153]

• Thank you for sharing this @singski, our team will be in touch shortly.

ref: GMM-11348-153

• singski
    singski
    Community Member
    Options

[#GMM-11348-153] Sorry for the delay; my work load is very heavy now. The issue is still happening. I may not have mentioned but it isn't persistent, but only occurs randomly. The other day I tried recording the event (as requested by your support) by continuously opening the browser over an over again, but it wouldn't occur, so I gave up. Then of course that afternoon it happened again more than once! It continues to show up as a "1Password home page/screen" I'd say about 10-20% of the time. You asked about other browser extensions I use. I have Adobe Acrobat extension but have disabled it and the issue still occurs. You also asked about security. My PC is provided to me by my company and it is equipped with ESET Endpoint Security. I do not use a VPN.

Unfortunately I have no more time to assist or provide feedback on this. I would be very surprised to be the only one of your many customers who have been seeing and putting up with this issue. I believe it started in late January or early February so it may have been something new pushed out in an update back then. I just ignored it for a week or so before seeking support, hoping it would go away!! I pray your team gets it figured out very soon. Thanks for your assistance.

• @singski

Thank you for the reply. I've asked my colleagues to reach out to you via email to see if there's any other information that we can collect to isolate the issue that you're reporting.

Since we have a communication channel open via email I'm closing this thread.

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.