1password 8 desktop won't open in my pc

Options
Domenico
Domenico
Community Member
edited March 2023 in Windows

Hi,

I have an HP EliteBook PC with Windows 11.

After that I upgraded the desktop app to version 8, I am not able to launch it anymore, nor I can see the small icon on the desktop bar.

If I click on the dektop app icon, nothing will happen.

I therefore tried to launch the desktop app using the command prompt, and here is the errors it gave me back as a feedback:

C:\Windows\System32>C:\Users\sunda\AppData\Local\1Password\app\8\1Password.exe

C:\Windows\System32>
[32364:0328/145535.436:ERROR:archive.cc(213)] Failed to read header size from \?\C:\Users\sunda\AppData\Local\1Password\app\8\resources\app.asar: Operazione completata. (0x0)
[32364:0328/145535.436:ERROR:archive.cc(213)] Failed to read header size from \?\C:\Users\sunda\AppData\Local\1Password\app\8\resources\app.asar: Operazione completata. (0x0)
[32364:0328/145535.437:ERROR:archive.cc(213)] Failed to read header size from \?\C:\Users\sunda\AppData\Local\1Password\app\8\resources\app.asar: Operazione completata. (0x0)

[32364:0328/145535.438:ERROR:archive.cc(213)] Failed to read header size from \?\C:\Users\sunda\AppData\Local\1Password\app\8\resources\app.asar: Operazione completata. (0x0)

Can you please help me?

BR,
Domenico

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 11 (last update)
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @Domenico! I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble launching 1Password 8 for Windows. Could you email in to support+forum@1password.com so we can take a closer look into this?

With your email please include:

Once you get a response with a Support ID, please post that number here so we can connect the dots. Thanks!

• Domenico
    Domenico
    Community Member
    Options

Hi :-)
    I sent the email as per your request.
    And here is the Support ID I receiverd:

[#DPK-76265-289]

• Domenico
    Domenico
    Community Member
    Options

I sent the zipped logs folder via email to Gem because I can't attach it here

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @Domenico, thanks for letting us know, and apologies for any confusion caused here! For your privacy, log files should only be sent via email, never posted in the forums. We've received your email and will continue the conversation over there 😄

ref: DPK-76265-289

This discussion has been closed.