tapping the Search icon opens the Search screen and freezes the app

Options
MStyle
MStyle
Community Member

iPhone 14 Pro Max. The issue started yesterday. Needed to search for something, tapped the Search icon, the Search screen opened (it was blank) and the app froze. Can't tap on anything else. So I force-quit the app, started it again but now right after Face ID authentication it opens on the blank Search screen and is still frozen. After force-quitting and restarting the app several times I also restarted the phone. Then I did a soft-reset. The app still opens on the blank Search screen and stays frozen.

Next, I deleted the app from the phone. After reinstalling, the app already knew who I was and only asked for my master password. Did not ask for my username (email) or account key.

After logging back in the app seems to be working normally for now. No idea how to replicate this issue but reporting it just in case.

1Password Version: 8.10.2
Extension Version: Not Applicable
OS Version: iOS 16.3.1
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited March 2023
    Options

@MStyle

Thanks for the report. It doesn't sound like a crash or I'd ask you to send us a crash report. The reinstall would have wiped out any logs. Please let us know if you experience this again. Regarding the login, you most likely have keychain enabled and are signed into an iCloud account (or using a local keychain). In such instances we record some of the details in the keychain to allow for situation like this. It allows you to only enter your password to continue.

edi: Clarification and thanks for the nudge MStyle

• MStyle
    MStyle
    Community Member
    edited March 2023
    Options

My "Passwords and Keychain" setting is disabled - screenshot below. Not sure if there are any other Keychain settings in iOS.

I prefer to keep Keychain off since it has been shown to have security vulnerabilities.

Maybe just being signed in to iCloud is enough for 1Password to remember my username and account key.

• iCloud is off but the keychain would remain enabled and local to this device to store entires just as you described. Sorry, I'll make my post clearer. It's just I don't often see folks with it off. Thanks for the nudge.

This discussion has been closed.