1Password 8 - excluding web sites from auto-completion

Options
pbzdyl
pbzdyl
Community Member
edited October 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi,

Is there a way to exclude a given website from suggesting login/password auto-fill based on its domain address? I cannot see it anywhere in the 1Password 8 app preferences.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• GreyM1P
    Options

Hi @pbzdyl,

This is done from your browser, rather than 1Password itself. Right-click a blank area of a page in your browser, then point to "1Password – Password Manager" (or just 1Password, if you're using Safari), then "Hide on this page". It'll look like this:

Hope that helps!

– Will

• pbzdyl
    pbzdyl
    Community Member
    Options

Oh, I see. Thank you @ag_will!

• GreyM1P
    Options

@pbzdyl You're welcome! :)

• tom9m
    tom9m
    Community Member
    Options

Is there a way to blacklist a page so it never tries to autofill? Every time I use Fedex for instance, I have to 'hide on this page'.

• Hey @tom9m,

There isn't currently a way to prevent 1Password from suggesting to fill on specific page. 'Hide on this page' as you say will last for the duration of the browser session.

If there is a specific item you don't what to appear in suggestions there are a couple of workarounds you can try:

1. Edit the item and remove the website URL or move it from the URL field to separate notes field, that way 1Password won't suggest it on the page.
    2. Create a separate vault with items you don't want to see suggestions for in your browser and then right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar, choose Settings and disable that new vault.

I hope this helps!

• tom9m
    tom9m
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, I appreciate your help!

• @tom9m – On Steph's behalf, you're very welcome! :)

• mstar77
    mstar77
    Community Member
    Options

Why is there no means to ignore an entire website?

I don't want to have to hide 1Password every time I visit a page. That's a waste of time

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2023
    Options

@mstar77

I'd be happy to let the team know that a ignore list is of interest to you. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

ref: PB-32119472

This discussion has been closed.