Autofill timing in a web base modal login dialog - timing.

Options

Ive been having difficulty in making autofill work with my SSO login. In made it is a web based model dialog.

If I use autofill the login credential is rejected. If I cut and paste is works.

All I can ascertain is that with autofill is occurring too fast and dialog thinks Im a bot or it can be the input method that it is rejecting.

Question: To test this is it possible to insert a pause or modify the pause length between auto filling the user name and the password?

1Password Version: 8.10.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MAC OS
Browser:_ SAfari 16.0

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @kiwigrant, sorry to hear that your credentials are rejected when using 1Password to autofill. To determine what is happening and what the best options are moving forward, we'd like to take a look at the website on which this issue has occurred. What is the URL to it?

• kiwigrant
    kiwigrant
    Community Member
    Options

@Joy_1P Hello - sorry for the delays in responding. It took some time for the dialog in question to reoccur.

The application in question is our corporate VPN Global connect, which throws up a PingID SSO authentication modal dialog.
    This modal dialog appears to browser based. I thought to then redefine my default browser from Safari to Chrome which seemed to resolve the issue.

This is the error that was thrown when I used 1password to autofill. The error did not occur if I filled our UN and PW separately.

I know this is very edge case-ish but hopefully reporting it might point to other similar issues.

• Hey @kiwigrant,

Can you confirm that the URL you have saved in 1Password matches the login page URL? It sounds like there may be an old URL saved in 1Password which on signing in brings up this message as it is no longer accessible.

What steps are you taking to fill with 1Password, are you clicking 'open and fill' from your 1Password app or extension or are you clicking on the inline menu suggestion that appears beneath the fields? IS the behaviour the same with both of these methods?

Any information surrounding the above questions would be really useful.

• kiwigrant
    kiwigrant
    Community Member
    Options

@steph.giles Taking another look, it modal login dialog is not tied to a URL rather to our Global protect application for MacOS.

It seems to be working now, and I am unable to reproduce the fault. Im calling this resolved for now. Thank you very much for your follow up.

• Hey @kiwigrant,

Thank you for getting back to me.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all.

This discussion has been closed.