cannot scroll to change password in iPhone 1Password 8 app

Options
runnermule
runnermule
Community Member

I need to change an expired password in another app. 1Password 8 does not recognize the Bank of America page that is prompting for a new password. When I try to edit the 1Password entry to create a new password directly in 1Password on iOS the editing page is stuck in the notes field. I cannot scroll up in the app to change the password. I can pull the display to see the password field, but as soon as I release my finger the cursor is still firmly lodged and the notes field and the password field goes off the top of the screen.

I resorted to changing the password in a browser on my computer. The new password shows up in the iOS app and the old one is in the history, so I can make the password change in the Bank of America GCA (GlobalCardAccess) Visa app.

1Password Version: 8.10.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 16.3.1
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:cannot scroll to change password in iPhone app

Comments

• Hello @runnermule! πŸ‘‹

I'm sorry that you're unable to edit the password in a Login Item using 1Password for iOS. Does this issue occur just for the one Bank of America item or for other items as well? If it's just the one item then do you have a longer note saved there? Our developers are investigating an issue that sounds similar to what you're reporting and I wanted to confirm the details first.

I look forward to hearing from you. πŸ™‚

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#20300

• runnermule
    runnermule
    Community Member
    Options

I have occasionally had times that I could not scroll the screen in the iOS app to the location that I wanted to edit or copy. I do not remember those web site associations. When I noticed it this time I reported. Other web sites recently accessed work as expected either with the 1Password plugin for Safari or by directly copying username and password manually from 1Password to the fields of the website.

It may be a useful observation that the on screen keyboard opens and I cannot get rid of it with this web site. I don't see where the cursor sits. Perhaps it is in a field other than the field for the username or password, so that the app springs back to where the cursor sits when I release my finger drag. Speculation.

• @runnermule

Thank you for the additional details. So that I can better understand the situation can you create a screen recording of the issue? This will help us investigate further and report the issue to our developers:

Record the screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support (CA)

Make sure that nothing sensitive is visible in the recording. Please send the recording to support+forum@1Password.com as an attachment. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to locate your message and make sure it's gotten to the right place. πŸ™‚

-Dave

• oldcurmudgeon
    oldcurmudgeon
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same problem on iPad and iPhone. When I have a long text field on a login entry, I cannot change the password for that entry. I get stuck with the cursor on the notes field and I cannot scroll up to get the drop down box to update the password when I click on β€œedit” .

• Sorry for the trouble @oldcurmudgeon We hope to have this resolved before long. I'll get your report of this added to the internal report.

ref: dev/core/core#20300

• runnermule
    runnermule
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P

I have tried to recreate the conditions reported so that I could make the requested recording. Even doing two intentional password resets I could not duplicate the reported conditions. I'll keep it in mind in case the situation recurs. Sorry I couldn't address your request.

• @runnermule

Thank you for the update. If you are able to get a screen recording in the future then please send it to the address that I mentioned previously. I'll keep an eye out for further reports of the issue here on my end as well. πŸ™‚

-Dave

• oldcurmudgeon
    oldcurmudgeon
    Community Member
    Options

I found that when I shortened a long Notes field associated with a login, and then saved the shortened version, I was then able to open the login entry again and was able to change the password associated with the login without a problem. So somehow, at least in my case, it was the lengthy Notes field which ended up freezing the screen on my iPhone and iPad apps. Seems like a bug?

• @oldcurmudgeon

Thank you for the additional information. This is indeed a bug that our developers are aware of and plan to fix with a future update to 1Password.

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.