How stop the browser asking to add new credentials

Options
stevewatson
stevewatson
Community Member
edited March 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

I work in Azure devops which is a large scale single page application, after I have logged in 1Password keeps showing a popup asking me if I would like to save credentials for this site which is already logged into. I am running v8 and all the help and information which I can find is not for this version as there are no options that I can see to select the browser and turn off inline menu????

This is really annoying as the popup is pretty large and covers information while I am working.

Many thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:stop the popup

Comments

• david.m_1P
    edited April 2023
    Options

Hi @stevewatson, thanks for reaching out!

Is the inline menu set to automatically show when the field is in focus? You can turn off "Show autofill menu on field focus" if you don't want the items to appear automatically when the field is selected and still access the menu by clicking the 1Password icon in the field, which will toggle the menu on and off. Here's how to turn it off:

1. Right-click on the 1Password icon in the browser's toolbar and select 'Settings'.
    2. Scroll down to the "Autofill" section.
    3. Ensure "Show autofill menu on field focus" is toggled Off.

Let us know how things come along.

• stevewatson
    stevewatson
    Community Member
    Options

Thats great but I like the overall functionality, is there anyway I can tell 1Password to not keep popping up at certain websites, or even when I answer no I don't want to save the password then the app recognises this and just does not popup for website which I have answered no to?

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @stevewatson!

is there anyway I can tell 1Password to not keep popping up at certain websites, or even when I answer no I don't want to save the password then the app recognises this and just does not popup for website which I have answered no to?

I'm afraid we do not have a way to do either of those at the moment. That said, the behavior you're seeing doesn't sound quite right. Where in specific on your website are you being asked to save your login info to 1Password? Are you constantly inputting your login info to a form?

Could you attach a screenshot of the suggestion to save that you're getting? Make sure not to include any private or sensitive info in the screenshot.

This discussion has been closed.