How to delete multiple passwords on Mac ?

Options
parmegia
parmegia
Community Member

Hello,

new trial customer I messed up to import my password from my previous password manager. I imported them 3 times !!!
I read there is an option on Windows app to multi select to delete but I dident find it on mac and I obviously can do it manually !
Is there a way ? if yes what is it ? id no can I delete all my items in one short to reimport correctly ?

Best regards,

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How to delete multiple passwords ?

Comments

• @parmegia

Select one password in the column in the center using 1Password for Mac. Hold the command key and click the additional items one at a time that you want to delete. The right click on one of the selected entries and click delete. Optionally use the Archive if you think you may need these again. If they are duplicates, you may wish to delete them. Just be careful that you only get one or two instances and not every instance of a password.

Also, there was once a bug where the selection process would be limited to, at most, 49 items in a single selection process. I recommend doing a maximum of a page at a time. The reason is you get finger fatigue, and you'll sometimes lift a finger off the command key, and you'll need to start over. Furthermore, long selection sessions tend to fatigue the mind. I've always found shorter groups keep me more focused.

• Quick followup:

When posting please consider filling in the questions at the bottom of the new question section. It will allow us to have a better understanding of device type Windows or Mac and installed versions (or not) of the apps and so on. Let us know how you fare.

This discussion has been closed.