I signed up ok and started creating items in vaults. Am having trouble connecting my vault to aps

Options
KarenTaborn
KarenTaborn
Community Member
edited March 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

This is a very basic question that I'm almost embarrassed to ask but I setup the account ok but once I enter an "item" in the vault I'm having trouble connecting it to the item. In other words, once I go Paypal (for example) I see the 1pass icon and click it but the newly created password (in 1pass) does not work!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I signed up ok and started creating items in vaults. Am having trouble connecting my vault to aps

Comments

• @KarenTaborn

Did you change the password on PayPal to match what is stored in 1Password? If not, this may help. Change your passwords to make them stronger

No worries, we've all been there at one time or another. As one of my teachers was fond of saying if you have a question, I bet 5 others do too. :) Welcome to the family.

• KarenTaborn
    KarenTaborn
    Community Member
    Options

Hello ag_tommy. It doesn't seem to be working. I changed my password on Paypal to the password I create in the 1pass vault, then returned to log on to paypal again and when I clicked where to enter the password I clicked the 1password icon, but it didn't work.

• @KarenTaborn

Can you clarify "it didn't work"? Was this the password was not filled or did you receive an error message like a wrong password attempt? Which browser are you using? Do you happen to have duplicates in your vault? Do you also have logins stored in another manager such as the browser? it might be a saved password offered up there that has not been changed. Please let us know more. if you'd like to send screenshots you can do so here. Be sure to cover private details. Or you can email us using support+forum@1password.com. Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question.

• KarenTaborn
    KarenTaborn
    Community Member
    Options

Now I'm trying to get it to work on another account, Amazon.com
    I created a vault for Amazon in 1pass and when I go to the Amazon log in page I get this (attached image) when I click where the password show go and I see the 1pass icon.

When I click the 1pass icon my phone no shows up (??) and a prompt shows up "save in 1pass"

I think I've done that several times but I still can't log on this way!

I can only log on when it asks if I want them to send me a confirmation message via text... which I confirm in my text!

• KarenTaborn
    KarenTaborn
    Community Member
    Options

I think I'm getting it to work. Needed to change the password inside the app (Amazon, Orbitz, etc).
    I'll reconnect here if needed. Thx for your time and energy!

• Sorry for the delay @KarenTaborn Do let us know if you have any questions. ☕️

This discussion has been closed.