Fingerprint unlock doesn't work in Chrome extension

Options

Hello,

I have this annoying issue with 1Password extension in Chrome on Mac that it doesn't use fingerprint reader to unlock but asks for password every time. The thing is I have followed the guide and fingerprint unlock works completely fine in 1Password desktop application and with Firefox extension.

Any ideas?

1Password Version: 8.10.3
Extension Version: 2.8.1
OS Version: MacOS 13.3
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Hey @ciptok,

It sounds like 1Password in Chrome is having a hard time connecting with your 1Password app. Can you start by trying the steps below and let me know if it then asks for Touch ID to unlock:

1. Right click the little 1Password icon on the top menu bar of your Mac (where the clock is) and select "Quit".
    2. Quit Chrome by right clicking its icon in the Dock and selecting "Quit".
    3. Open and unlock 1Password.
    4. Open Chrome and test if it is working properly.

Let me know how you get on!

• ciptok
    ciptok
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for steps, but unfortunately it didn't help. It still asks me for password after the whole restart. Any other ideas or maybe logs I could look at?

• @ciptok

Can you try the steps from @steph.giles again after updating to 1Password in the browser 2.9.0? It wasn't clear if you updated since your initial post. Thanks..

• ciptok
    ciptok
    Community Member
    Options

I tried again and reinstalled the plugin, to the latest 2.9.0, and now it works fine. Thanks for suggestions !!

• Whew, sounds good @ciptok Let us know if things change. You're most welcome.

This discussion has been closed.