Password is required nearly EVERY time on my iPad. HELP

Options
ESpangler
ESpangler
Community Member

I’ve been a user for many years now. For some reason, my password is now required on my iPad nearly every time I navigate to sites that require the password. I’ve checked settings, and can not find what needs to change. FaceID is no longer working either. HELP

1Password Version: 8.10.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iPadOS 16.4
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:iPad sign on every time

Comments

• Hello @ESpangler! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you're being prompted to unlock 1Password more often than you would expect. Is Face ID just not working when you try to fill a login into a website or app? Or is it also not working when you try to unlock the main 1Password app from your iPad's home screen? If it's the latter then please check the following:

1. Open and unlock 1Password.
    2. Tap your account or collection at the top of the sidebar.
    3. Tap Security.
    4. Make sure that Face ID is turned on.

Then try to fill your password into Safari or another app again. Are you prompted for your account password or for Face ID? Do you see any error messages on the 1Password lock screen?

-Dave

• ESpangler
    ESpangler
    Community Member
    Options

Face ID is turned on, and works fine with the 1Password app.
    When I navigate to a website in Safari, I must manually enter my 1Password credentials when I click into the username field for that website every time (or almost every time). Face ID is not working from within Safari, and I did not expect that I should have to type in my credentials each time… I don’t remember it being like that in the past.

• @ESpangler

Thank you for the reply. When filling a password into Safari are you using Password AutoFill (the prompt that appears above the keyboard) or the Safari browser extension (the suggestion appears in a menu below the password field)? Descriptions of both are here:

Does Face ID not work for either method? I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

-Dave

• ESpangler
    ESpangler
    Community Member
    Options

I’ve used both methods.
    It is not like this every time, but nearly.
    Upon initial log on in the morning, Face ID is not working, as I must manually input my credentials.

• @ESpangler

That definitely doesn't sound right. So that we can investigate further, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• ESpangler
    ESpangler
    Community Member
    Options

OK! Sent!
    Thank you!

• @ESpangler

I did not find a submission under the email you use here in the community. Did you get a support id that you can share? Please do not share the actual email address here in the community.

This discussion has been closed.