how to share personal vault

Options
normd
normd
Community Member

I am logged into 1Password.com. I see my Personal vault and my wife's Personal Vault. In the box my wife's Personal Vault, there are two icons, one with each of our initials. Both of us can see her 1Password vault no problem. However, I cannot figure how to share my Personal vault - it says "Only you can view and edit items in this vault." What do I need to do to share my Personal Vault with her?

1Password Version: 8.10.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:cannot share personal vault

Comments

• @normd

You cannot share a personal vault. It is private to the respective individual. It sounds as if you manually created an additional vault for her. Are you using a family membership? It sounds like you may be. If she logs into her account should would be unable to see your private vault. She'll likely be able to also see the vault that was created.

To put it another way each account under the family umbrella has a Personal/Private that is special to the given user and cannot be shared. To share things between members you would place the data into the specially created "Shared" vault. This is unique that all data here is shared between all members of the family.

• normd
    normd
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the quick reply. Sorry, but I am still confused. On my desktop app, I can see all of her vault plus my personal vault. How can I set it so she can see all of my vault plus her vault. I want to keep them separate or it will be a big mess. She is responsible for updating her vault and I am responsible for mine.

• You cannot share the Personal vault. There is no functionality for this. It's special and cannot be shared. Did you manually create a shared vault for her?

• normd
    normd
    Community Member
    Options

I cannot remember how her vault was created. Is it possible I created one in the Family vault and moved here items into it? Could I do that for my personal vault - that is create a new one and share it with her? How do I share my items with her?

• Hi @normd,

To take a deeper lookin into this and to avoid sharing your account information here, can you send us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com from your account's registered email address so we can continue the conversation there.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

This discussion has been closed.