1Pw8 autofill FAIL in Apps on Samsung S22U Android13 latest

FrankGtech
FrankGtech
Community Member

I don't get autofill suggestions in app username or password fields, such as the Ace Hardware or Withings apps.
I've tried Samsung and Gboard keyboard apps, and I have Google Voice Typing (I assume that doesn't work)
What are the "supported keyboards"?
What options are there if the 1Password popups don't work? The 1Pw7 workarounds aren't available.
And I don't want to go back and forth between app and 1Password.

I do get a popup from 1Password on username field in Chrome browser on Android, both above keyboard or below field.

I deleted 1Password 7 and 8 from my phone and rebooted, then reinstalled latest 1Password 8.
I followed directions to configure, and I've tried both above keyboard and below fields they relate to.
These work in Chrome, but not in many or most Apps.

Very frustrating, compared to the almost always helpful popups in iOS and Mac.

please fix or help,
thanks, frank

1Password Version: 8.10.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 13, One UI 5.1, Mar. 1 patch
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @FrankGtech, thanks for writing in.

I don't get autofill suggestions in app username or password fields, such as the Ace Hardware or Withings apps.

I did some testing with Ace and Withings and saw similar behavior to what you described. I checked both with a few Autofill services and found Withings could not be filled with any but that Ace could be filled with some. I've gone ahead and reported both to the team here so we can look into solutions from our end.

What are the "supported keyboards"?

Supported keyboards would typically refer to keyboards that support in-line filling suggestions such as Samsung Keyboard, Gboard or SwiftKey. If a keyboard does not support in-line suggestions prompts should automatically appear below fields instead.

What options are there if the 1Password popups don't work?

When Autofill isn't available you can copy and paste or use split screen mode to drag and drop your credentials.

While it didn't seem to help with Ace or Withings, you can also try "forcing" Autofill if the prompt doesn't appear. To do so you can long press a field then tap Autofill or ⋮ > Autofill in the context menu that appears.

I can certainly understand your frustration here and my apologies for any inconvinience. If you've encountered similar behavior with any other apps, we'd be happy to take a look and report any issues to development. Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.