[Request] TOTP+Password or Password+TOTP paste to one Field

Options
diggs
diggs
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Will 1Password ever be capable to let the user configure fill in "automations" like another Password Manager does?

What i'm looking for is something like this:

OBJECT: Login to Website "xyz.com"
USERNAME: ZZZZ
PASSWORD: xxxx
TOTP: yyyy

The Site xyz.com has 2 fields. One is the {USERNAME} and the other is {PASSWORD+TOTP}
OR
The Site xyz.com has 2 fields. One is the {USERNAME} and the other is {TOTP+PASSWORD}

1Password, as i know, is only capable to paste the TOTP into one specific field, but not inside a field where it already referenced and filled an other string.

I would like to tell the OBJECT "Login to Website xyz.com" or better the Field itself, that it has to paste his Information as follows:
FIELD1 = {USERNAME}
FIELD2 = {PASSWORD}{TOTP}

So that i go to xyz.com and it autofills
FIELD1 = ZZZZ
FIELD2 = xxxxyyyy or yyyyxxxx

Idea: The Possiblity to create a custom Field in 1Password that alreay combines PASSWORD+TOTP or TOTP+PASSWORD where i go to browser extention or 1password app and click copy to get the combined data into my clipboard.

Examples where I need this:
opnsense Firewall (webUI)
sophos firewall (webUI)
tanss - ticketsystem (webUI)
several VPN Configs ( In Apps like OpenVPN Connect, Sophos Connect)

1Password Version: 8.10.3
Extension Version: 2.8.1
OS Version: Windows/Linux/Mac
Browser:_ All/General

Comments

• Hi @diggs

Thanks for writing to us with your request.

I agree that it would be great to have the option to configure how 1Password fills in fields that combine your account password with a TOTP. Did you have any extra info you wanted to add as to how this feature would benefit your workflow or how not having it is currently impacting you? Although I can't guarantee if or when this change will be implemented, I'll be happy to forward all of your feedback to our product team so they are aware that this is something our users would like to see.

I look forward to hearing from you!

• diggs
    diggs
    Community Member
    Options

It would improve my workflow by empowering me to choose how i use 1password.

So i don't have to open the browser plugin or 1pw App serveral times to copy username, then password and then TOTP in e.g. OpenVPN
    So i don't have to click in the beginning/end of a password field to paste the TOTP there before the string that was auto-pasted there before.
    So i don't have to think about if the TOTP belongs to the beginning or the end of a field where the password already was pasted.

Every day i use 10-20 different VPN Configs to connect to different environments. Every time i have to open 1password 2-3 times to copy the data(user,password,totp) into my vpn client. If there would be one field that I command to do whatever. I could create on field that gives me user+pass+totp / user+totp+pass so i could paste it in the vpn client and cut out only pass+totp / totp+pass from username field and paste it to the password field. This and more would be possible. It is the feeling of "all is possible" that differs to most propriatary code.

• Hi @diggs,

Thank you so much for this level of detail, I can totally see where you are coming from.

I have passed your feedback on to our product team for consideration in future updates.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with in the meantime.

ref: PB32215375

This discussion has been closed.