Reconcile PWs (& updates) between my phone and Windows app

Options
jimf60
jimf60
Community Member

How do I reconcile PWs (& subsequent updates) between my phone and the app on my Windows PC? Is there an order in which I should update one or the other, or both?
Thank you

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:app vs pc

Comments

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member
    Options

Usually, as soon as you change some item on one device, this change will be immediately be synced to all other devices that currently have an active internet connection. It's working both directions (mobile->PC as well as PC->mobile). If you have sync issues, check the internet connectivity. Usually, the sync is totally reliable and works really immediately.

If you do edit the same item on 2 different devices at the same time and start changing something on both, then save the changes on one device, then the pending edit on the other device is aborted, as far as I remember. However this only happens if you try to change the same item on different devices (which you usually don't do). Editing different items in the same vault on different devices works well. Sync for edits is done on item level, not on vault level.

So just edit on any device and do save pending edits as soon as you're finished. It will show up fine on the other devices immediately. No device is favored over another. They're all equal.

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @jimf60, thanks for reaching out! As @Tertius3 says, it doesn't really matter what device you make edits on. Any changes you make on any one device should be automatically and immediately synced to your other devices, as long as all is working as expected.

Are you seeing any sync issues between your devices?

This discussion has been closed.