Testing application - old profiles

Options
EMILjo
EMILjo
Community Member

I tested the application for some time in different variants. I always uninstalled the application and deleted the profile from the web application level. I re-created my account a few days ago. When logging into the web application, he told me that I was already there displaying my previous logo. In the desktop application, the case is similar - I can also see my previous profiles. What am I doing wrong?

1Password Version: 8.10.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser:_ FireFox

Comments

• Hello @EMILjo,

Thanks for your message. It sounds like you are referring to past used or existing accounts appearing automatically after reinstalling the app or signing into 1Password.com (or .ca/.eu).

For the app, after uninstalling, it only removes the app itself, but retains the encrypted account data. The 1Password folder is here: %localappdata%\1Password

After uninstalling the app and this folder, you will be required to enter the account details from your Emergency Kit to sign in again: Get to know your Emergency Kit

Regarding 1Password.com, the same holds true until you edit the list of accounts or clear these details from your browser's cache:

and remove those accounts from you browser:

I hope these details are helpful, but if you have further questions, please let us know. We'll be happy to help!

• EMILjo
    EMILjo
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_mike_d now is clear. Thx

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @EMILjo, on behalf of my colleague Mike, you're very welcome! Thanks for letting us know that the information helped 😄

This discussion has been closed.