1Password Extension Broken on Chrome Canary, Chrome Dev, and Chrome Beta on MacOS

Options

The extension is no longer able to autofill fields. Copy-pasting manually is the only option.

I'm assuming this came from some Chrome change around clipboard access.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS
Browser:_ Chrome Canary

Comments

• mattikus
    mattikus
    Community Member
    Options

I also experience this behavior, but with Linux rather than MacOS.

Chrome version: 111.0.5563.146 (Official Build) (64-bit)

• Hey @sadikassistivlabs, @mattikus,

I have been doing some testing in Chrome Canary and I'm struggling to reproduce the behaviour you are describing.

When you say the extension is no longer able to fill fields, are you still seeing the inline menu suggestion appear beneath the field? When you click on the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar are you able to enter your password and sign in?

Do you have the 1Password desktop app installed in addition to 1Password in your browser?

Any information surrounding the above questions would be really useful.

• mattikus
    mattikus
    Community Member
    edited April 2023
    Options

Hey @stephg.giles, thanks for taking a look!

I just had to restart my computer, and it would appear that I am now on 112.0.5615.49 (Official Build) (64-bit), which appears to be the latest stable release. As of this update, I no longer experience any issues.

The experience I had before I restarted, while on the previous version:

I am able to log into the extension whenever I click the popup icon (though, not when video is playing, that is another different discussion thread I need to start). That seems to work as normal.

The broken experience I see is that the inline menu popup is offered, and/or I can use the shortcut to select a website from the menu and hit enter to fill. The input boxes all change to the blue color, indicating that they have been filled, but no content is actually inserted into the form.

I do not have the desktop app installed on this machine.

• sadikassistivlabs
    sadikassistivlabs
    Community Member
    Options

That was my experience as well.

I just updated Chrome Canary to Version 114.0.5698.0 (Official Build) canary (arm64) and the issue seems to have gone away for now.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mattikus @sadikassistivlabs, it's likely that the pending processes in the browser had caused an issue with 1Password. We are glad that things are working well now. Please do not hesitate to reach back out if you run into any other issues in the future.

This discussion has been closed.