Windows 10 application slow to start

Options
SteveBarrett
SteveBarrett
Community Member

When 1st opening 1Password 8 windows application after a PC reboot it takes a surprisingly long time to get to the login screen. Previously it took about 2 seconds now it is taking 30 seconds.

1Password Version: 8.9.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows10 21H2
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Windows 10 application slow to start

Comments

• Hello @Stevebarrett,

I'm sorry to hear of the recent issue you've been encountering with the delayed login screen.

If you try restarting Windows in Safe Mode with Networking Enabled and then use 1Password again, do you continue to see this delayed start?

Should you continue to see issues, can you send a 1Password diagnostics report via email to support+windows@1Password.com so we can help to investigate? Please do not post these details in the forums and include a link to this thread and your forum handle, as this will help us to "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox. Thank you!

• gmilocco
    gmilocco
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, I think I have the same problem. Should you you have some suggestion....
    Should you need other information plese let me know. Thank you.

• Hello @gmilocco,

Thanks for reporting this issue with the delayed start. Could you please us tell more? In your case does this behaviour match that of the OP, where this only happens when first opening 1Password 8 after a reboot or do you continue to see this happen during subsequent unlocks?

Does restarting Windows in Safe Mode with Networking Enabled improve this behaviour that first time you attempt to open and unlock 1Password 8?

Looking forward to your reply.

• gmilocco
    gmilocco
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Mike, hopefully the problem seems to be solved. I had the impression that it was caused by some
    graphycal issue. So I disabled the hardware accelerator and the response was better. Than I did a reset
    of the graphycal hardware and now the start up of 1Password is wihin the 5 seconds.
    Should you have some other suggestion plese let me know.
    Thank you

• Hi @gmilocco,

We appreciate your reply and letting us know that things are working more quickly after completing those steps to disabling hardware acceleration and the reset of your hardware. If you did not re-enable hardware acceleration afterwards, could you let us know if doing so causes the delays to return?

As another suggestion, please ensure that you using the latest driver updates for your hardware.

Let us know how this goes. Thanks!

• gmilocco
    gmilocco
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Mike,

after several test and investigation I went to the following conclusion:

• a web application is probably using graphic and, closing the browser, the graphic hardware remains set in some unusual way.
    • this causes 1Password and other applications to slow down the start up.
    • afer resetting the graphic hardware the start up returns to the normal behavior
    • the 1Password accelerator is working well
    • by the way, the driver of graphiv hardware is up to date.

Hope this can be useful.

• Hello @gmilocco,

Thanks for the update here and letting us know about your findings. Since this is affecting other applications as well, I would suggest reaching out to the support team for the web application which you found to cause these troubles. In the meantime, continuing to keep hardware acceleration disabled within 1Password should be helpful if this situation were to arise again. Have a great day!

This discussion has been closed.