Sign in with field - Unknow field type

EMILjo
EMILjo
Community Member
edited March 2023 in Business and Teams

If I create my own template (from the Web application) using the "sign in with" field, the field name is not automatically completed (however, regardless of whether I give it a name or not), in the desktop application (Windows 11) when adding an item to the vault with this field gives me "Nothing to display. Unknow field type.". What am I doing wrong?

1Password Version: 8.10.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• EMILjo
    EMILjo
    Community Member
    edited March 2023

If I create my own template (from the web application) using the "sign in with" field then if I use this template to create a new entry in the web application (in the desktop application I have a problem using -> https://1password.community/discussion/139168/sign-in-with-field-unknow-field-type) then I have a long list of accounts (from all vaults).
    If, however, when adding an item to the vault using the built-in Login type, and I add the "sign in with" field, then the list is "short". What does the content of these lists depend on?

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Windows 11
    Browser:_ FireFox

• Hi @EMILjo,

It sounds like you're using custom templates and running into an issue. Custom templates are a beta feature and we're tracking a few issues. I'll be happy to pass this along to our team internally to see if this particular one can be addressed in the future.

For some background, the Sign-in with field is primarily set up to work with Login items, so if you were to create your own custom template or modify an existing item category, this functionality won't work as intended. These allow you to pair a login with a provider (like Microsoft, Apple, Google), for use when signing in to sites.

• EMILjo
    EMILjo
    Community Member

this functionality won't work as intended

but it is very good functionality and I do not know why it's not working (I know that it is beta). I do not want to modify the list - I just want to use it :)

• Hello @EMILjo,

Thanks for sharing your feedback. I'll relay this to the team, but cannot promise if or when custom templates will support the special fields required for universal sign on, or when support for additional universal sign-in providers will be available.

Thank you,

This discussion has been closed.