1pw (8 on windows or webapp) doe not allow for import?

Options

dear all,

we are experieencing especially with new users the situation that they can not import from csv right from the start.
since i do not know when GUI "greys out" this option can you share some light when a user can not import?

Regards C

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Christian_XYZR
    Christian_XYZR
    Community Member
    Options

ps: the picture does not show greyed out item. sorry could not reach one easilly.

• Hi @Christian_XYZR

You mentioned this is happening with "new users" – just to double-check, have they already signed into their new 1Password account in 1Password on their computer? I would expect that "Import" wouldn't be an option if 1Password is locked, or if it doesn't yet have an account added.

As long as at least one 1Password account is added and unlocked, then ⋮ > Import... should be available. Let me know and I'll be happy to look into this further with you. :)

— Grey

• Christian_XYZR
    Christian_XYZR
    Community Member
    edited October 2022
    Options

app was logged on (screen screenshot)

• GreyM1P
    edited October 2022
    Options

@Christian_XYZR

Thanks for that screenshot. It'll be worth checking that your 1Password account is active, so can you also try these steps?

1. Sign in to 1Password.com for your team
    2. In the sidebar on the right, click Billing.
    3. Make sure that your subscription is shown as active.

If your account is showing as frozen, you can follow this guide to reactivate it: If your 1Password account is frozen. Frozen accounts aren't able to make any changes, including adding new items or importing.

If it's correctly showing as active, then check that the users in question aren't suspended by signing in to 1Password.com for your team and clicking People in the sidebar. Make sure the users affected are shown as Active.

Let me know how both those checks go.

• @Christian_XYZR

Quick update: if you could email us at support@1password.com containing a link to this thread, our Business Support team would be happy to look into this for you. It's quite possible that some users on your Business account aren't allowed to import, so they can help you check that. :)

• Christian_XYZR
    Christian_XYZR
    Community Member
    Options

Done

• @Christian_XYZR – Thanks very much! One of our team will reply to you as soon as they can.

• eingfoan
    eingfoan
    Community Member
    Options

ps had the same issue.
    it had to do something by our restrictions that normal users can not create new vaults.
    desktop app had a problem with that. web app worked.

don't know if that is fixed.

• Hello @eingfoan

it had to do something by our restrictions that normal users can not create new vaults.

The in-app import tools require permission to create vaults, and are disabled automatically if an account lacks the required permissions to import. The web import tools only import into a single existing vault, so they don't need permission to create new vaults, and tend to work in more situations.

I hope this information helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any further questions!

• LieutenantLefse
    LieutenantLefse
    Community Member
    Options

I just wanted to add another "vote" to this thread - it would be nice if the app-based import worked for users who can't create vaults. We want to avoid having unencrypted CSV files floating around, and we also want to limit who can create vaults. It's not a deal-breaker, we can work around it, but I was also confused about why Import was greyed out until I realized what was going on.

• Hello @LieutenantLefse,

Thanks for sharing your feedback on an in-app import option that can be used without a CSV and without the ability to create vaults. This isn't currently possible, but I've shared your feedback with the team, but cannot say for sure if or when such functionality may be available.

For now, you may wish to watch our announcement post about the LastPass importer, since it will likely be updated when new functionality is available.

Kind regards,

This discussion has been closed.