Common tags for the whole team

Options
EMILjo
EMILjo
Community Member

Why tags are private? Is it possible for teammates to see and use the tags I created?
Currently, others see that the item has a tag set (that someone else added) but they do not see these tags in the list of tags (e.g. to make filtering easier).

1Password Version: 8.10.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windowa 11
Browser:_ FireFox

Comments

• Hello @EMILjo,

Thanks for asking about tags in 1Password. Tags are not private, as they are applied to items in a vault, and are then viewable to anyone with the permission to view items in that vault. Can you ask someone that you were testing this if the tag appears in their sidebar when they next unlock the 1Password app or view that vault online? If they still aren't seeing the tag, we may need to investigate what is happening with you both over email.

Let me know what you find.

Thank you,

• EMILjo
    EMILjo
    Community Member
    Options

@ScottS1P after relogin it works as expected

• ag_max
    Options

Glad to hear those tags are now appearing, and thanks for the update, @EMILjo.

• EMILjo
    EMILjo
    Community Member
    Options

it's a bit strange that for the rest of the changes (adding a vault, new items, updating an item) you don't have to log in, and here it is necessary. Can you improve it?

• ag_max
    Options

@EMILjo

In my own testing, I was able to create a tag on 1Password.com when signed in as a team member and have the new tag immediately appear in the already-unlocked 1Password 8 desktop app on another device, when signed in as another user.

Can you try the same on your end and let me know if the tag is still not appearing?

• EMILjo
    EMILjo
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_max

are you logged in to 1password.com and in the app with the same login or with different ones?

• ag_max
    Options

@EMILjo,

I was logged in to 1Password.com as a separate user than the desktop app. if you're not able to see the tags update automatically when accessing the app, we can help troubleshoot via email if you'd like, as this may require gathering diagnostic information. You can send us an email at businesssupport@1password.com from your account's registered email address so we can continue the conversation there.

After you have sent the email, feel free to post the ticket number you receive so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

This discussion has been closed.