Forcing blocking - bug?

Options
EMILjo
EMILjo
Community Member

If I enter a new item in the desktop application for Windows 11 - the input form will be visible, the application will not be blocked. I can close this window at any time and use the application. Shouldn't blocking be enforced in this case too?

1Password Version: 8.10.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @EMILjo,

Thanks for your question. It sounds like you are referring to certain fields such as the password field and the characters entered are visible/revealed until after you've saved the item. Is this correct?

Please let us know and I'd be happy to file an internal feature request with our Product team.

• EMILjo
    EMILjo
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_mike_d

field and the characters entered are visible/revealed until after you've saved the item. Is this correct?

no.
    Open 1P desktop application.
    Setup option "lock after the system is idle" (eg. 10 minutes)
    Make sure that the automatic blockade works (by waiting a few minutes, drinking e.g. water)
    Unlock 1P
    Click on [+ New Item]
    and wait few minutes.

My 1P app didn't lock up when the input form is active.

• EMILjo
    EMILjo
    Community Member
    Options

After "Click on [+ New Item]" You need to choice form - eg. Login.

• EMILjo
    EMILjo
    Community Member
    Options

After reinstalling the app, i am unable to replicate this issue. The thread can be considered closed.

• Hello again @EMILjo,

Thanks for the update and providing these detailed steps. I understand that you are referring to auto-lock function after trying to create a new item and the category selection screen or the + new item form is open in the 1Password app.

I've attempted to recreate the behaviour you've described with the auto-lock setting at 1 minute. With mouse or keyboard activity, 1Password was locking as expected in both cases of the category selection screen or when new item form is open.

Make sure that the automatic blockade works (by waiting a few minutes, drinking e.g. water)

With no mouse or keyboard activity, can you confirm that 1Password does automatically lock as expected after the time you've set (10 minutes), when the + new item category selection or forms are not active? Also does your device itself sleep as expected after the set time in Windows?

Looking forward to your reply.

This discussion has been closed.