Need 1PW to exclude a specific domain or site from suggesting login and password

Options
Abhijit
Abhijit
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Please help.

How to exclude a specific domain or site from suggesting login and password?

Thanks,
Abhijit

1Password Version: 8.10.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: maxOS Ventura 13.2.1
Browser:_ safari

Comments

• Hi @Abhijit, thanks for reaching out to us!

If you're looking to prevent a specific Login item from being offered on a site, you can add the site to the Login item's details under "website" and use the Autofill Behavior feature to set the item to never fill on that site. You can set this up using the following guide:

Let us know how things go!

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your help!

And how to prevent specific login/pw being offered on the compete domain?

Thanks,
    Abhijit

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member
    edited April 2023
    Options

BTW, my issue is still not resolved. Despite the setting you suggested, it is still offering me the login for the site. Please help.

Thanks,
    Abhijit

• paul.m_1p
    paul.m_1p
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @Abhijit - Thanks for following up 🙂

Is it possible to share the website URL you're trying to prevent the suggestion from showing, so we can do some testing on our end?

Thanks!

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member
    Options

No I can not share. It is single sign on login.

Thanks,
    Abhijit

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member
    Options

@paul.m_1p Do you have any help, suggestions for me to try to prevent the issue?

• paul.m_1p
    paul.m_1p
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @Abhijit thanks for checking in on this 🙂

There is one workaround I can offer to stop the suggestion:

1. Right click on the webpage > 1Password - Password Manager > Hide on this page.

This will take effect for the exact URL you're on, but will need to be re-done if the URL changes, or your browser is restarted. I realize this isn't ideal, and I'm sorry for the trouble here.

To take a closer look at things and investigate further, could you email in to us at support+forum@1password.com, and include the following?

• A page structure file of the login page you're on (you can redact any info from the file that is not shareable):

1. Right click the 1Password icon in the browser's toolbar.
      2. Hover with your mouse over Help and select 'Collect Page Structure'.
      3. This should download a file ending with '.json' - please attach that file to your next reply.
    • Which autofill behaviour you have set on the item, as per the instructions in this article -> Change where a login is suggested and filled

• Your forum username Anhijit
    • This post's URL https://1password.community/discussion/comment/683008

When you send the email, you should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member
    Options

@paul.m_1p Performed all the suggested actions.

For your reference, this is your support ID:

[#VKI-82428-818]

Thanks,
    Abhijit

• paul.m_1p
    paul.m_1p
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for doing that @Abhijit - We've located your support email, and we can continue the conversation there. 🙂

This discussion has been closed.