Safari Extension is blank 1PW v8.10.3 delete reinstall does nothing. Chrome is fine

Options

Safari extension was continually asking for a password and not using fingerprint id like on my other computer. I deleted the extension and reinstalled and the first time I got an empty vault which was a bit terrifying but the 1PW app on my computer showed all my data. I deleted and reinstalled again and now I get a spinning ball that ends in a blank screen.

1Password Version: 8.10.3
Extension Version: 2.9.0
OS Version: 12.5.1
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:safari extension blank

Comments

• dmorency
    dmorency
    Community Member
    Options

And now after 4 hours of frustration it is suddenly working! Let's hope it sticks

• @dmorency

You indicated 12.5.1. I would recommend updating to 12.6.4 when possible. It may help improve your state of play.

• dmorency
    dmorency
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks

• paul.m_1p
    paul.m_1p
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dmorency - Thanks for the continued engagement 🙂. Are you still seeing issues with 1Password for Safari and the 1Password app's communication? Let us know and we'll be happy to assist further!

• dmorency
    dmorency
    Community Member
    Options

I am still having issues - on my other computer Safari 15.6.1 and Monterey 12.6 the 1P icon that appears within the site login boxes does nothing. It will allow me to unlock 1P, but then nothing after. I have to open 1P from the toolbar and use autofill. I cannot update logins, create new logins directly from websites. Any suggestions?

• Hey @dmorency,

I'm sorry for the ongoing trouble.

I think it would be useful if we could take a closer look at some logs and what may be going wrong.

I'd like to ask you to send over a console log from your browser as well as a diagnostics report:

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.