Is there support for setting autofill behavior for an entire (sub)domain?

I just discovered how to adjust the autofill behavior for individual login items. Is it possible to configure the autofill behavior for any login associated with a specific domain or subdomain? I can't seem to find where to configure this.

As an example, let's say I own the domain example.com, where I have several subdomains each with multiple hosts. And each host has a unique login, so I already have login items in 1Password for the following sample hosts:

• host1.sub1.example.com
  • host2.sub1.example.com
  • host.sub.sub1.example.com
  • host1.sub2.example.com

I can go in, edit each item one at a time, and change the autofill behavior. However, that takes a minimum 5 clicks:

1. Click on the item
  2. Click Edit
  3. Click the Autofill Behavior button
  4. Click Only fill on this exact domain
  5. Click Save

If I have a bunch of entries, because I imported them from another password manager, that's a lot of very tedious work. And I have to remember to do this for any future items I may create.

Instead, I'd like to be able to configure the autofill behavior for example.com and any subdomains to be Only fill on this exact domain. That way I don't have to manually change a whole bunch of items. And I don't have to remember to do this for every new entry in the future.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Per subdomain autofill rules

Comments

• Hey @mrvegetablehead,

Thank you for taking the time to provide detailed feedback on our autofill behaviour feature. I can definitely see where you are coming from and we have had similar requests from other users for this functionality or to be able to change the default behaviour.

I have passed all of this information on to our product team for consideration in future updates. Let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all in the meantime.

ref: PB32399696

• mrvegetablehead
    mrvegetablehead
    Community Member

Thanks. To clarify, you're saying that it is not currently possible to set autofill behavior for an entire domain or subdomain. Correct?

• Hey @mrvegetablehead,

That's correct, you currently need to Edit each item as you have detailed above.

Let us know if you have any more questions.

This discussion has been closed.