Can't use passcode on iOS 16.3 to authenticate 1Password

Options
occasionallymild
occasionallymild
Community Member

I don't want to enable Face ID for authentication of 1Password so I can choose the password for login wherever I need to. It always asks me for my master password and it's a bit long typing that in everytime. Am I missing a setting in iOS perhaps or this is a bug with 1Password?

1Password Version: 8.9.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 16.3
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @occasionallymild! 👋

The ability to use a PIN code to unlock 1Password for iOS is coming soon: Building a Better, More Useful 1Password

I hope that helps! 😊

-Dave

• occasionallymild
    occasionallymild
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P ah brilliant! Do you know roughly when that is coming?

• @occasionallymild

I'm afraid that I can't share an ETA but soon. 🤞

-Dave

• occasionallymild
    occasionallymild
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Dave_1P I can see this feature was released yesterday however I only see this working if I go directly to the 1Password app. It doesn't work if I want to fill in my credentials on a web browser on my phone. When I select 1Password to put in my details it still asks me for my master password. Is there a way to turn the passcode feature on for filling in?

• @occasionallymild

Did you input your password once after making the change? That would be needed. The next time you should see something like this. Tap the keypad looking icon on the right-hand side of the password screen to input your pin code.

• occasionallymild
    occasionallymild
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy Yep I have, I did the prompt that in order to use the passcode I have to input my password first. So now whenever I open the 1Password app I can just input my passcode. However this is not reflected on username and password forms on websites. I still have to put in my master password.

• Oh, I was thinking password autofill. Are you using 1Password for Safari? Thanks for confirming.

• occasionallymild
    occasionallymild
    Community Member
    edited April 2023
    Options

Here is a screenshot, I am using brave browser

• Thanks @occasionallymild

I do not experience that with Brave. Can you confirm that you have password autofill enabled? Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad We might need to get you into email support for additional troubleshooting. As a test can you restart the device to see if that clears any cobwebs?

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2023
    Options

@occasionallymild

I see you've already emailed us. Thank you for that. 🙂

ref: FDG-16441-831

• occasionallymild
    occasionallymild
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_tommy looks like turning the phone off and on worked! Thanks for your help!

• You're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.