Need To Uninstall 1 Password

Options
Dougieboy99
Dougieboy99
Community Member
edited April 2023 in iOS

I currently have 1 pass on my Ipad, Iphone, Windows 11 Desktop and a Windows 11 Laptop, its taken me a few weeks to load but it is working as designed for me. The Problems started when I invited my wife into 1pass. I installed 1pass on her Iphone, and Ipad and I was beginning to set up her website into a shared Vault. She was continuing to use her other websites that were not set up in 1pass and that when things started going South fast. She was using her old PW and UN but 1pass seemed to have changed her original passwords and she couldn't get back into websites with her old password.

long story short, she wants 1pass uninstalled completely from her computer and for the sake of our marriage I agree with her. I tried to right the ship but it was sinking too fast.

so my question is, I only want to remove 1pass from her Ipad and Iphone, "My system is working fine" for me so I don't want anything deleted from my devices. Do I delete the two vaults i set up for her first? She has only 2 items in the Shared Vault and 1 item in another vault.

Thanks much,
Doug

1Password Version: 1492
Extension Version: 2.8.1
OS Version: windows 11
Browser:_ chrome

Comments

• Hey @Dougieboy99

If you wish to remove the instances off her devices you would likely want to remove 1Password. How to reset the 1Password app on a specific device you'd just not reinstall. This would leave any logins in the her account for now if you happen to need them. You'd next want to decide if you want to remove her entirely from the family membership.

You said, "she wants 1pass uninstalled completely from her computer" was there another device in the mix. It's not really important but I was curious.

• Dougieboy99
    Dougieboy99
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, she has 1pass on her Iphone and Ipad, no other ios or windows devices.

"My mistake" I said she wants 1pass removed from her Computer, I should have said her Iphone and Ipad only.

it looks like the link you sent is for window devices. my bad

• @Dougieboy99

I'm sorry that your wife ran into problems when using 1Password on her devices. 1Password will never change a password for an item without a user's explicit permission and our support team would love to help you get your wife up and running with 1Password if she's willing to give it another shot. You can reach our dedicated concierge team by emailing support+forum@1Password.com

That being said, if you'd like to remove 1Password from her iPhone and iPad you can follow the instructions here: How to uninstall 1Password

Do I delete the two vaults i set up for her first? She has only 2 items in the Shared Vault and 1 item in another vault.

Once your wife has confirmed that those items are saved somewhere else (like another password manager) you can remove them from the shared vaults that you created for her. You can then delete the vaults providing that there's nothing in them that you need to keep. Keep in mind that vault deletion is permanent.

Let me know if you have any questions.

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.