Reduce the need to enter my password on a Samsung phone

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Yubikey.

Comments

• jeffer23
    jeffer23
    Community Member
    Options

I appreciate the clarification on that. It seems like a waste of $50 - $100 to have it used only one time for the life of my phone.

What is the best way to stop having to enter a password on a phone? My fingerprint and face detection on Samsung phone is terrible. The screen protector makes fingerprint detection useless. I wear glasses which makes face detection fail.

While i feel somewhat comfortable that 1password protects me from ransomware on my account, it doesn't protect me from someone getting all of my passwords if they hack into my PC/phone or steal it.

• Hi @jeffer23, thanks for your question.

To help reduce the frequency your password is required I would suggest changing the Auto-Lock frequency. Some devices also have a "lock", "pin" or "Keep open" option that can help prevent system features like battery optimization from closing 1Password in the background.

To change the Auto-Lock frequency:
    1. Open and unlock 1Password for Android.
    2. Tap the account or collection icon.
    3. Tap Settings > Security.
    4. Tap Auto-Lock on Exit and select your preferred time.

The "lock", "pin" or "Keep open" settings show up in slightly different places depending on the device but are usually available when interacting with an app icon or window in the Recents menu. For example on a Samsung device:
    1. Open 1Password.
    2. Open the Recents menu on your device (swipe up or tap |||).
    3. Tap the 1Password icon above the 1Password window.
    4. Tap "Keep Open".

Let us know if that helps and thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.