GetPackageFamilyName error

Options
timmdrumm
timmdrumm
Community Member

Hello,

Just today, I've experienced this error when trying to start the Windows desktop app:

"The procedure entry point GetPackageFamilyName could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL 32.dll"

I thought to uninstall the app and reinstall, but clicking Uninstall in the control panel does nothing. I tried to download the latest version from the website and install that, thinking perhaps it would restore the file, but I received the same error during the installation process.

I have been running the app in Administrator mode.

The browser plugin works, so fortunately I'm not without password access.

Any ideas?

1Password Version: Cannot see
Extension Version: Cannot see
OS Version: Windows 7 Pro
Browser:_ Chromium
Referrer: forum-search:KERNEL 32.dll

Comments

• Hi @timmdrumm

1Password 8 requires Windows 10 or Windows 11, and I can see from the footer of your message that you're trying to use 1Password 8 with Windows 7, which wasn't supported.

If you upgrade your computer to Windows 10 or Windows 11 and are still seeing error messages when trying to start 1Password, we'll be able to look into this further. Please let me know if you have any questions, or would like any other help.

— Grey

• timmdrumm
    timmdrumm
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks.

The latest version does only support Win 10 and above. I installed the previous version that supports Win 7 and I'm good.

• Thanks for the update, @timmdrumm!

I'm happy to hear that things are back on track and are using 1Password 7 for Windows. Please note that with the launch of 1Password 8, 1Password version 7 is no longer supported and will only receive important security updates. Although you can continue to use 1Password 7, it’s best to use the latest version of 1Password that includes all the latest features and security updates. When you are able upgrade to a newer version of Windows, we recommend upgrading to 1Password 8 for Windows.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. We'll be happy to help!

• timmdrumm
    timmdrumm
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @ag_mike_d!

I'm running version 7.9.832, but prior to updating to the latest release, I was running its predecessor without issue. I will try that one again as it's the latest version that ran well on my system.

This box will stay on Windows 7 (I run a recording studio and can't risk driver issues with Windows new updating system), but if I revert my Linux boxes to Windows 10/11 I'll definitely use the latest version.

Thanks again!

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @timmdrumm! On behalf of my colleagues Grey and Mike, you're very welcome 😄

If you have any further questions or concerns, let us know!

This discussion has been closed.