Feature request: Manual autofill and update of URL from browser extension

Options

Hello,
I have many entries from previous password manager where URL is missing. I would like better workflow to automatically add URL to entry when I use it.

For example I have old imported entry for Samsung website account:
Title: Samsung account
username: my_username
password: my_password

When I go to Samsung login website and click 1Password icon in login field it writes "No items to show".
That's OK. I have no URL in the entry, so it cannot match anything.

Then I click 1Password extension button in browser and in search I type "Samsung".
This finds my entry that I want to fill.
But then I have to manually copy and paste my login and after that I have to manually add URL so next time it fills automatically.

I would like instead some button that would autofill this entry in the site and offer to save URL in the entry automatically.

Thanks.

1Password Version: 8.10.4
Extension Version: 2.9.0
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Hey @oschif,

Thank you for taking the time to suggest ways in which we can improve 1Password.

I can definitely see how adding this feature would improve your workflow when it comes to updating imported items to include the relevant website URL. I have passed your feedback along with your use case on to our product team for consideration in future updates.

In the meantime, please let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all.

ref: PB32500938

This discussion has been closed.