Unread messages no longer displayed in bold

Options
DavidB
DavidB
Community Member

In this forum and the Mac one, when I read and close a message, all the unread messages revert from bold to regular type.

Anyone else seeing this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 13.3.1
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• DavidB
    DavidB
    Community Member
    Options

Update (about six hours later):

Now things seem to be back to normal except that in this forum and the Mac one, all previous messages are in regular type, as if they have been read.

• @DavidB

I'm sorry that the forum didn't display unread threads correctly. I'm not seeing any issues on my end, are new unread threads bolded again for you? If you click on one of your unread threads do the other unread threads stay bolded now?

-Dave

• DavidB
    DavidB
    Community Member
    edited April 2023
    Options

@Dave_1P

Thanks for your reply. I spoke too soon -- this morning in the Mac forum there were several unread messages in bold, but when I clicked one, all the other unread ones changed from bold to regular type.

Also, after a new message came in, when I clicked an unread message, the new one changed from bold to regular type.

[EDIT]: I get the same results in Safari or Firefox, so it's not browser-specific, and so far I have only seen it in the Mac and Lounge forums; the iOS forum works fine.

• @DavidB

Thank you for the reply. Are you able to reproduce the issue using a Private window in either Safari or Firefox?

-Dave

• DavidB
    DavidB
    Community Member
    edited April 2023
    Options

@Dave_1P

I just tried a private window in Safari and got the same behavior.

David

[EDIT]: Maybe move this thread to the Mac forum so any others who have had the same problem could respond? (I think many fewer are reading Lounge.)

• Dave_1P
    edited April 2023
    Options

@DavidB

Thanks for confirming that. Since I can't reproduce the issue myself, we'll need to involve the vendor who developed the third-party forum software that we use for the community. If you're open to troubleshooting with them then please send us an email to support+forum@1Password.com so that we can forward it to them. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to locate your message and forward it to the vendor.

[EDIT]: Maybe move this thread to the Mac forum so any others who have had the same problem could respond? (I think many fewer are reading Lounge.)

The Mac forum is dedicated to issues regarding the 1Password for Mac app. The Lounge is home to forum-specific issues like this. 🙂

-Dave

• DavidB
    DavidB
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P

Sounds fine. Here is my support ID: [#PUS-64592-972]

David

• @DavidB

Thank you for posting the Support ID! I've forwarded your email along with a summary of the issue to our forum's vendor and you'll hopefully hear back from them soon. I CC'd you to my email so that you're kept in the loop.

-Dave

ref: PUS-64592-972

• DavidB
    DavidB
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P

Thank you -- I'll post any update back here.

David

• Thank you, hopefully we'll be able to get to the bottom of this mystery. 🙂

-Dave

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited April 2023
    Options

I had this issue last night on my iPad using Safari.

When I'd go into a sub-forum, read a message, go Back, the page refresh removes the bold on all the messages as if they are unread.

Edit: Same thing now on Firefox on macOS. Click to read a message, but Back, then all unread messages are no longer bold.

• DavidB
    DavidB
    Community Member
    edited April 2023
    Options

@MrC

Thanks for confirming I am not alone in seeing this and also that it happens with iOS. (I am using macOS.)

David

[EDIT]: For me it is happening only with Mac and Lounge, but not with iOS or 1Password in the Browser. (I haven't tried other subforums.)

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

I noticed this today with the Launch forum on my iPad.

Should I plug Discourse once more?

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

I noticed this today with the Launch forum on my iPad.

Lounge (auto-correct…)

• DavidB
    DavidB
    Community Member
    edited April 2023
    Options

SOLVED:

The problem disappeared after I cleared all history in Safari.
    David

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

I still experience it; also in other sections of this forum.

• Hey folks,

Our forum provider believes they have this fixed for new occurrences. It would not unmark items that were previously marked as read.

• DavidB
    DavidB
    Community Member
    Options

Our forum provider believes they have this fixed for new occurrences.

When was it fixed?

Just trying to figure out if it was only a coincidence that it was solved for me when I cleared all history in Safari at about 6:00 p.m. EST on April 17.

David

• DavidB
    DavidB
    Community Member
    Options

[CORRECTION]:

Make that 6:00 p.m. EDT (instead of EST).

David

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Fixed for me.

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2023
    Options

@DavidB

I'm unsure. Looking at the email it appears to have been on the day of 17th.

• DavidB
    DavidB
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy

Thanks for letting me know -- I'm glad it's fixed anyway.

David

• Thanks again for reporting the issue. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.