Touch ID not working for Chrome Extension

Hi,
I've downloaded 1password 8 desktop for Mac and 1password Chrome extension on my M2 Macbook Air 2022 on Ventura.

I've tried

• restarting my laptop
  • turning Apple Touch ID settings all off and on
  • turning 1Password Touch ID settings on and off
  • removing 1password extension from Chrome, quitting 1password desktop and restarting, then restarting 1password desktop and reinstalling the Chrome extension
  • removing desktop app and reinstalling

Nothing woks. The only thing I haven't tried is updating to Ventura 13.3.1 released two days ago, but this issue has been happening for 2 weeks now.

Also, the "Send Diagnostics" button on the desktop app doesn't work. I clicked it and nothing happens and I never get the "reveal" option.

At a loss of what to do here.

Thanks for the help in advance!

1Password Version: 8.10.3
Extension Version: 2.9.0
OS Version: macOS 13.0
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ipp, sorry to hear about the issues that you're seeing. Just to check, are you able to unlock the 1Password desktop app with Touch ID? Does the issue also affect the app, or does it only affect the extension?

• ipp
    ipp
    Community Member

hey @Joy_1P Just the extension. I can open the desktop app with Touch ID.

• Hey @ipp,

Thank you for getting back to us, it definitely sounds like 1Password in your browser may be having a hard time connecting with your 1Password app.

I understand you had difficulty when trying to send diagnostics but could you possibly grab a console log from your browser and send it to us? Here's how:

Please attach the report to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• ipp
    ipp
    Community Member

Hi @steph.giles

Here's my ID: [#CHC-72545-887]

Thanks!

• Thank you @ipp, let's continue the conversation over email.

• ipp
    ipp
    Community Member

sounds good!

• 🙂 👍🏻

• scott123
    scott123
    Community Member

Any solution you can share, @steph.giles or @ag_tommy ? I'm having the same problem.

• Hey @scott123,

If TouchID is not working in your browser extension but is working when unlocking your 1Password desktop app it could likely be a connection issue between the two. There could be a number of reasons why this might happen. Can you start by letting me know if the steps below improve things for you:

1. Right click the little 1Password icon on the top menu bar of your Mac (where the clock is) and select "Quit".
    2. Quit your browser by right clicking its icon in the Dock and selecting "Quit".
    3. Open and unlock 1Password.
    4. Open your browser and test if it is working properly.

Let us know how you get on!

• scott123
    scott123
    Community Member

Thank you @steph.giles—that solved it!

• On behalf of Steph, you're welcome. Have a great weekend.

This discussion has been closed.